Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #1
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad
 
.Kevin.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prince George, BC. Canada
Posts: 954
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
My name simple enough, Canadian one atleast.
__________________
.Kevin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
SimTronik
Machinist
 
Drives: Yaris sedan 2010
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sts-Anges, Quebec, canada
Posts: 198
Dj name
SimTronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing
 
fnkngrv's Avatar
 
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
fnkngrv = Funk and Groove

I will leave it at that unless someone chimes in and wants to know the history. The only thing that I will say as an interesting aside is that the State of Maine BMV would not allow that on my plates even though I had it in Virginia and Texas. They informed me that it could be misconstrued as meaning "F*cking Groove which is obscene. I even brought in my old plates to show them that if other states have allowed they needed to. My only answer was "no". This came from the state office which I found out later is run by a woman in her late 60's and is waaaaay too uptight.
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook


Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing


Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください
 
KCALB SIRAY's Avatar
 
Drives: black sand lb
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,894
Virginia let's you do just about any plate .....not that I would do something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
fnkngrv = Funk and Groove

I will leave it at that unless someone chimes in and wants to know the history. The only thing that I will say as an interesting aside is that the State of Maine BMV would not allow that on my plates even though I had it in Virginia and Texas. They informed me that it could be misconstrued as meaning "F*cking Groove which is obscene. I even brought in my old plates to show them that if other states have allowed they needed to. My only answer was "no". This came from the state office which I found out later is run by a woman in her late 60's and is waaaaay too uptight.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
33OH
 
Drives: '08 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dover, Ohio
Posts: 7,606
330 is my area code and OH is for Ohio. - 33OH
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
Mine just comes from an "offbeat" sense of humor, not a perv or anything, just off the beaten path kinda guy, thats me! LOL
When I used to be a regular at thirdage.com YEARS ago (chat for old farts like me) my user named used to be boring. Someone told me in jest one night, dude you are one sick-puppy. well 1sickpuppy was taken so I became sickpuppy1. Been using it prety much everywhere since Windows95 days.
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4
 
JumpmanYaris's Avatar
 
Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SO. INDIANA
Posts: 4,777
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Bump for new members and wierd names lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07gt
All of your junk is slow and you couldn't regulate the backside of my ballsack if I gave you an AR15 and 13 border patrol agents.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
ilikerice
 
ilikerice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 black yaris
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: savannah, ga
Posts: 2,867
lets see, my orginal name was "ilikericedotcom" but i had issues trying to sign up, so admin told me to make another account and try again, so i just took out the "dotcom" and stuck with "ilikerice"...

the orgin comes from my brother back when AOL chat was big. we used to make so many screen names. his favorite saying was "DEEZNUTS" then he came up with "Deeznutzdotcom". i just adopted the "dotcom" to my conversation starter "i like rice" in middle school... and it has stuck with me since.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
mazilla
advocatus diaboli
 
mazilla's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jacinto California
Posts: 1,126
Pretty sure mine is self explanatory.
__________________
-Type 07 FFL-



My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4
 
JumpmanYaris's Avatar
 
Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SO. INDIANA
Posts: 4,777
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Na man I'm slow
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07gt
All of your junk is slow and you couldn't regulate the backside of my ballsack if I gave you an AR15 and 13 border patrol agents.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
mazilla
advocatus diaboli
 
mazilla's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jacinto California
Posts: 1,126
My name is Maz...and I'm above average in stature. ;)
__________________
-Type 07 FFL-



My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
Flipper_1938
 
Flipper_1938's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 529
I've been "Flipper" on 4x4 sites since the 90's due to flipping the crap out of a suzuki samurai (end over end four times). I changed e-mail providers and then forgot my password but could access the old e-mail to get the password ...so I re-registered and added the 1938 since that was the year model of a firetruck that I had just bought (made sense at the time).

I've used Flipper_1938 on several differnt forums since then.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #13
STC
"LibertyRides!"
 
STC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: State College, PA, USA
Posts: 576
STC: State College...

Liberty Rides!: Self-explanitory...

Cheers!
__________________
~ Mark ~
2010 Yaris 3-Dr Liftback, 5-Speed Manual, P185/60R 15, Bayou Blue Pearl
I Love my YARIS - (Click below to see Gaslog):

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
thepartsmancometh
 
Drives: '08 LB, '07 WRX
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 187
<== an intentional riff on "the iceman cometh"
(Eugene O'neill play from the 1930s)

...except I work at a Ford/Toyota dealership parts dept.
thepartsmancometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4
 
JumpmanYaris's Avatar
 
Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SO. INDIANA
Posts: 4,777
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Bump for some new names?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07gt
All of your junk is slow and you couldn't regulate the backside of my ballsack if I gave you an AR15 and 13 border patrol agents.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #16
b20vteg
no show, no go :(
 
b20vteg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 yaris 3dr hb
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: maricopa, az
Posts: 369
Send a message via MSN to b20vteg
b20vteg = previous car - b20 motor (2.0l) with a vtec head swapped into a 95 integra.
__________________
b20vteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
yPod09
All black everything.
 
yPod09's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 5dr All black.
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 119
Great thread idea! Way to keep it going all these years Jumpman!

I think the hatchback looks like an escape pod. The word POD makes me think of iPod, my iPod is black and my Yaris is about the same size as an iPod. Yaris starts with a Y, and 09, obviously, the year of my Yaris. THUS: yPod09

My little tagline is "all black everything" because the car is "murdered out" as the kids say these days AND it is the title of a Lupe Fiasco song, who is one of my favorite musical artists.
yPod09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #18
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
When I got my Yaris in 2006, my little (and very little then) cousin (whom I love like a daughter) had just turned 4 and loved to treat my car like her own exploration module.....searching every nook and cranny of the interior of the car, opening and closing all the storage compartments and the dash cup holders......and using the handles above the side windows like a set of gymnastics rings (all with either her mother or moi keeping an eye on her). She also would decorate plastic eggs, name them, give them biographies, and store them in the various storage compartments. Those were the days.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official "Here is the nastiness that is me" Topic birdy Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 2712 06-24-2014 05:56 AM
Names from the past uncleyaris Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 64 08-12-2009 05:52 AM
Asian-Americans should change their names because they’re too hard to pronounce PETERPOOP Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 42 04-12-2009 11:10 PM
Vehix names Yaris #1 nothingsleft General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 02-15-2009 04:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.