Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
PETERPOOP
 
PETERPOOP's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 white liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oahu
Posts: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown_xa View Post
Dropping Over $3k in the motor or more is kind of crazy just to get more pep out of it UNLESSS you actually plan to utilize that power for what it is meant for... to race.


If you want to get to 7-11 faster there are better ways

Good thing everyone doesn't have your logic. You don't HAVE to just race. If you were, why even build up a yaris or xA to purely race. That'd be stupid.

Want to know the beautiful thing about the yaris? You can still be boosted and have a great DD that makes 35+ MPG to 7-11; atleast I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown_xa View Post

The only person other than myself from what I have seen on this forum who utilizes the extra power seems to be Tamango.
Tamango has a NA xA, but drives his hair stylist mobile nowadays. He's trying to sell or sold his xA.

Last edited by PETERPOOP; 12-06-2009 at 05:22 PM.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
hmm so he removed his turbo set up? He had a whole thread on the Scion forum about his boosted set-up.

Im not talking about building a race car, but spending a lot of money to make power should have a purpose other than for daily driving. My car is a daily driver, been racing it HARD since 5000 miles on the odo, it now has 102,000 miles on it. And it gave me 34mpg on a recent trip. 200 miles using 6.05 gallons of gas.
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Good thing everyone doesn't have your logic. You don't HAVE to just race. If you were, why even build up a yaris or xA to purely race. That'd be stupid.

Want to know the beautiful thing about the yaris? You can still be boosted and have a great DD that makes 35+ MPG to 7-11; atleast I can.



Tamango has a NA xA, but drives his hair stylist mobile nowadays. He's trying to sell or sold his xA.
the Blitz set up you have will def provide good gas mileage because it uses the factory injectors, it runs lean under boost though but it was never a prob ( I use to have that set up) because the Blitz box was probably pulling back a good amount of timing. I got the same mileage tho even with it turned off because it only puts out 54whp lol do to the restriction of the roots blades.

I never seen a Blitz set-up put down more than 121whp though on our dyno. It wasnt until I introduced nitrous that I was semi satified. The whole belt issue and sheering crank pulley pins got annoying so I got rid of the supercharger set-up. Using the round end of a good 1/8th ince drill bit provided a good upgrade to combat shearing the crank pulley pin. I was the one who came up with that idea years ago.

Here's a link to Tamango's old thread http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118234 cool ideas by him. Im assuming we are talking about the same guy. Good to see people autocrossing and utilizing their upgrades, I just wish I'd see more of you guys do that. There are a couple of Yaris' around here that autocross but havent seen one on a road coarse yet. There was a Turbo Fit at the time attack in NJ this past summer, I was excited to see that cause I didnt feel alone for once lol.
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
I'm going to drive my Yaris until they make... bnther36 General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 2 11-10-2008 06:18 PM
Im trying to figure out a easy way to make my yaris fast... help! nsracing Performance Modifications 61 04-11-2007 08:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.