Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
kazama82
 
Drives: VIOS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by enobmort42 View Post
I didn't use any resistors. It's straight up plug 'n play. I can't remember where I got the LEDs, but I'm almost 95% certain they're the standard white LEDs from Advance AutoParts.
i will try to asked the shop tomorrow if the LED can sustain 12V..i tot of putting like small o-ring surround the LED as here, we have plenty of rain..afraid i will short something..
kazama82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
enobmort42
First time DIYer
 
enobmort42's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 LB Polar White
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 434
Send a message via AIM to enobmort42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazama82 View Post
i will try to asked the shop tomorrow if the LED can sustain 12V..i tot of putting like small o-ring surround the LED as here, we have plenty of rain..afraid i will short something..
That could work. What I've found is you can hot glue it in there, too. It seals it up nice and keeps it from going anywhere. I'm interested to hear back about the resistors, though. While I don't think they're necessary, it doesn't hurt to be 100% :-p
__________________
LED tails - debadged - 17" wheels - LED door handles - Painted Headlights - 30/35% tint - Blue LED Interior - DIY Cruise Control - Python 460HP Alarm - DIY Power Locks - K&N CAI - Lowering Springs
enobmort42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY Rear Drum Brake Adjustment/Parking Brake W/ PICS Inside YarisSedan DIY / Maintenance / Service 73 03-11-2017 06:05 PM
DIY (08' USDM LB): Interior Light Color Change revnull DIY / Maintenance / Service 37 05-21-2016 12:59 PM
DIY: Yaris LB Halo Led Projector Headlights goku87 DIY / Maintenance / Service 37 11-15-2013 06:23 AM
DIY: LED side mirror installation eTiMaGo DIY / Maintenance / Service 85 06-24-2011 11:48 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.