![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris sedan Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Keremeos BC
Posts: 986
|
Well, Black Yaris, I suppose that is a possibility alright. However, let me make a couple of points: Up here in Canada, we are taught that stuff belongs ot other people and that just because it is available does not mean it is free for the taking. Poor education and lousy courts make for people unable to learn this point.
Except for the firing range, I have only heard gunfire once here, and never where I lived before, Vancouver. Unlike the US, guns are frowned upon here, and the use of guns draws very heavy penalties. I have never felt the need to protect my stuff nor my family, never in my life as a Canadian. I wish I could say the same for the US: gunfire in LA was a nightly occurrence, weekly in rural Arizona! Why? Why is it necessary to use firearms, or even carry firearms? Who is responsible for these people who use them for nefarious purposes? Think about it for awhile, and you will find that you yourselves have built this scenario, and that is why it all stops at the US border. After you have thought long and hard, you will see that it is the education system, and the media, responsible for your ongoing paranoia. Why would anyone use Clint Eastwood or John Wayne as an icon for acceptable behaviour? No other ecivilised country has such a bizarre attitude towards such violence! |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
der Zeck
Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,231
|
Quote:
You live in my world, I am sure you would change your mind.... and if I lived in yours, I am sure I would as well.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas!
Posts: 2,799
|
Quote:
So it's OK for country's to use violence to protect their interests and "property" but that's not the right of the common man? If another country invaded Canada, it would respond with force, wouldn't it? Well, just consider Castle Doctrine to be a smaller version of that, I have the right to defend my interests and property from those who threaten it. Hell, even the Swiss understand this, and they are bigger pacifists than the Canadians!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Illinois window tint law change | wiirenet | Great Lakes | 20 | 11-14-2009 12:26 PM |
| 2nd shoot 4 No Fear Yaris | maik | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 5 | 10-21-2009 03:17 AM |
| New First Night Shoot | ruimond | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 15 | 06-17-2009 11:41 PM |
| Little photo shoot... | puetato89 | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 17 | 03-10-2009 09:02 PM |