Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Yaris_guy
 
Drives: 07 Yaris
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 15
So I called Toyota yesterday, I thought I would have to lay the smackdown on them and the phone but I didn't have to. I talked to a different guy this time, told him the situation, and that I shouldn't have to pay for towing. To my amazement he agreed. So he gave me a number to call for towing and the belt will be replaced free of charge. So they towed the car yesterday and earlier my wife got the call to go pick it up. Apparently something was loose from the first time they replaced it.

I dropped my wife off to pick up the car about an hour ago, she called me and said as soon as she pulled out of the dealership the car was squeaking so she took it back for them to check it. I guess we will see what the deal is when she gets home. Overall though I'm glad I didn't lose any money, but kind of weird how they can't seem to get a simple serpentine belt replacement correct.
Yaris_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
slow.yaris
Banned
 
Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: california
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris_guy View Post
I dropped my wife off to pick up the car about an hour ago, she called me and said as soon as she pulled out of the dealership the car was squeaking so she took it back for them to check it.
Holy crap how many times is it going to take them to change a belt?? Even thought its being handled it sounds like, I would call corporate. And I hope you have someone else working on your brakes.
slow.yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
johnny_vitz
 
Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris_guy View Post
I dropped my wife off to pick up the car about an hour ago, she called me and said as soon as she pulled out of the dealership the car was squeaking so she took it back for them to check it. I guess we will see what the deal is when she gets home. Overall though I'm glad I didn't lose any money, but kind of weird how they can't seem to get a simple serpentine belt replacement correct.

WOW...that's brutal. It's good they finally covered their mistake (financially) but that is ridiculous. Raise some hell when you go back in there!
__________________
05' Echo Hatch - Greddy Supercharger - rear disc
johnny_vitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
Toyota Yaris to Sponsor FOX's "Prison Break" YarisBueller General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 04-30-2006 08:01 PM
Two Millionth Toyota Sold in UK VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 03-06-2006 03:52 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.