![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Middletown, NY
Posts: 1,502
|
I read evey line of info when installing a program and I never opted into spyware or data collectiong.
I had no oportunity to opt out of any spyware while still intsalling chrome. In any event chrome is just basic browser that is no faster than IE8. I'm not a great MS fan but I not stupid enought to cut off my nose to spite my face. BTW, I just cancelled a (new) credit card (it was from the bank of america that I did no really apply for as they purchased the account fron a bank that previously held the account) because they said I opted for electronic statements. I only registered for online banking where it was clearly stated that I could opt to receive eletronic statments "later" which I never did. I scoured every line for any hint of it. What they did not say that agreeing to online baking also is agreeing to electronic statements without even mentioning electronic statements. What some companies are currently doing wiith eletronic signtures is bordering on being ilegal, it is certianlly not honest and definately misleading!! Last edited by RedRide; 04-13-2012 at 04:10 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Heart Up! Vitz
Drives: トヨタ Vitz Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 2,582
|
Quote:
I probably do have an older version. It was in install file i saved on my external hard drive and use that to install Chrome. I'm always reluctant to update any firmmare...they usually have more security features holding a lockdown on my choices (OTA updates for smartphones )
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| chrome center caps | Henry G. | Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack | 7 | 05-18-2010 10:54 PM |
| Anyone using Google Chrome ? | tomato | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 14 | 02-14-2010 07:49 PM |
| Painting over Chrome | nqd | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 6 | 09-04-2007 06:06 PM |
| are chrome pillars gorgeous or tacky? what about... | fantabulousbaby | Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) | 15 | 08-23-2006 02:55 PM |