![]() |
|
|
|
#19 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
).....and any request to go to one of these 'Obama' states made by my little cousin re a family vacation. In the 80s The O'Malley family did something re the Dodgers that teed me off and I told my friends from that moment on I'm not going to be directly responsible for putting another dollar in the pocket of an O'Malley. I didn't set foot in Dodger Stadium again until 2007....after they had sold out to Fox.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
I might feel the way you do if I lived in Sweden, but here in the U.S. I don't trust any level of government to use the extra revenue that would come their way with those higher prices to efficiently use those dollars toward the best interest of the general public, or, in some cases, use those extra dollars toward the best interest of the general public at all. You do realize, as a small business owner, that some people might take a dollar they were planning on spending at Micro Image and and use it to buy that more expensive gas instead because they don't have the money for both. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
Quote:
We are 30% less dependent on foreign oil than we were four years ago. No thanks to my black Hummer-driving, no-turn-signals, speed-on-my-street, take-up-two-parking-space neighbors.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 | ||
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 3dr LB MT Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 681
|
Quote:
So why not move to where the job is? That would mean I'd have to live in a very large city (such as Philadelphia, where I work). Some people are just not cut out for city living (I know I'm not. I actually like trees and grass and nature). So move closer to, but not inside the city? The cost of housing is actually a lot higher just outside the city. Yes there would be nature, but there was also be a high cost to live there. I have found it is actually cheaper for me to live farther away from work (75mile drive) and commute than to live closer to the job. Quote:
As for NY or CT prices, I'll avoid those at all costs as well. I have family still living on the east end of Long Island (the extreme end). Thankfully I can make it there and back on 1 tank of gas (depending on traffic through NYC). Their prices out where my family is, is a consistant $1 to $1.50 higher than here at home.
__________________
2009 3dr LB MT Meteorite Metalic. Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2011 Yaris 3-Door Hatch white Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 79
![]() |
Right now in Western Australia Im paying near-on $1.50 per litre.
To you Americans, thats around $5.68 per gallon. |
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 4,783
|
Quote:
I live in NJ and feel your "cant pump my own gas here pain". I tell the attendent "Fill it and the dealer says not to fill it past the first click. I have a credit card." That works for me. If I had the option of buying gas where its cheaper than where I live thats what I would do. If everyone who lives in NY CT etc bought gas in NJ (where its cheaper) NY and CT would have to charge what NJ does.
__________________
Synthetic Oil: Its All In Your Head |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2020 Corolla Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 549
|
Quote:
I would love to see gas at a better price like in some places in the US. Oh well .. maybe someday. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: York,Pa
Posts: 344
|
I really do not mind the price of gas in Pa.,I need it so I buy it.
If the price climbed to 8 bucks a gallon we would still buy it. What is the alternative riding bicycles(for me 35 mi. one-way to work)? Would we have to give-up some of the things we need such as perscription meds, grocery shopping,the i-phones some of us can't live without,internet service,cable tv? We do not no how to function without gasoline(the oil companies know this,OPEC knows this). Well there is always the horse and buggy(oh wait,you have to feed the horse too). |
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2020 Corolla Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 549
|
Just thought I would post some information. I found it interesting ...
(U.S. dollars per gallon, including taxes) Date-------Belgium---France---Germany---Italy----Netherlands----UK------US 09/10/12 --- 8.26 ----- 7.70 ----- 8.54 ---- 9.13 --- 8.82 ---------8.39------4.12 Yikes .. now those are high gas prices. |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
IMO, the area where you live is seeing growth because other logical people are coming to the same conclusion you did. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2020 Corolla Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 549
|
Quote:
However .. I have seen on GasBuddy.com that lower prices can be found. For example .. people are posting gas prices in Montreal as low at $1.35 per liter. For example in Edmonton people have posted gas prices (http://www.edmontongasprices.com/) as low as $1.14 per liter, however I can confirm that MOST stations are at $1.19 today. So .. even the cheapest gas prices in Canada are more than the prices in the US, and as a result we continue to see Canadians cross the border to fill up. I know that my parents (who live in West Vancouver, BC), do fill up their tanks in Washington state when they go there on weekends. I personally live way too far from the US border to take advantage of cheaper US gas prices. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 4,783
|
Quote:
__________________
Synthetic Oil: Its All In Your Head |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 4,783
|
Quote:
If we dont buy it the price will come down. or the more we buy the more the price goes UP.
__________________
Synthetic Oil: Its All In Your Head |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 4,783
|
Quote:
War, its war! ![]() Good or bad thats what Id like to see people doing.
__________________
Synthetic Oil: Its All In Your Head |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: yaris 08 sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 1,286
|
Quote:
Price has since moderated and they are now only gouging us $1.48 a liter![]() Driving my Yaris and filling it once a month its not a major hit to the wallet but i gotta wonder about those with huge gas guzzling pickups and SUV's.
__________________
Have Yaris will travel.. |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Cannot fill gas at a pump | dinoman | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 38 | 08-13-2014 01:50 PM |
| Yaris Fuel Pump | HTM Yaris | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 12 | 03-22-2012 03:34 AM |
| Water Pump leaks and then stops | CB900F2 | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 30 | 05-09-2011 09:14 AM |
| HELP: changing water pump | dlplunkett44 | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 4 | 02-06-2011 09:26 AM |