Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow
 
xnamerxx's Avatar
 
Drives: light blue liftback
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: so cal
Posts: 926
I measured 35mm for the port and 40mm for the gasket.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
NJ Drive
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
I measured 35mm for the port and 40mm for the gasket.
Thanks. I have to be honest- the more I gather reading about 'bolt-on' solutions, I'd rather buy one of yours, assuming you find appreciable gains. I don't doubt that you will.

I intend to run a single hi-flow with a Burns muffler anyway, so might as well do it right.
NJ Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow
 
xnamerxx's Avatar
 
Drives: light blue liftback
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: so cal
Posts: 926
I was once told by a GM engineer that the absolute best solution and absolute worse solution for exhaust is generally only a few % different. I've taken this advice to heart knowing the expected gains and losses can only be so much.

I do expect gains but the dyno and racing will be the true test if it actually works, I have simulation numbers, but those aren't always accurate to the real world.

If you want an easy/cheap solution ots parts work, but have the same design constraints production parts have, so you won't get the "best" solution. I can tell you this I noticed a significant loss of low-mid-range torque with the DC header while getting a size-able gain in topend torque. If you look at my dynosheet you can see that the DC produces a sizeable dip between 2700-3800 rpm, it feels really gutless out of slower corners but nice up top.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.