Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
Spades
The Hated One
 
Spades's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon,USA
Posts: 390
Yeah, mobil 1 filters rock(can't afford them since I change my oil every 1,500-2,500 miles).

[/Threadjack]

As far as rev'ing higher...how high do you need? I mean, jeebus, I power shift at 6300RPM's to get a nice 1 to 2 chirp...seriously...why would you want it to have a higher redline? 6k+ for hp range is plenty high enough...

The cars top speed is governed, so it wouldn't go any faster. I could care less if the car made its peak power and you shifted at 3k RPM's as long as I had enough gearing to go 100mph(for the occasional 1/4 mile run,if the car was actually faster),lol.

Now, more low end torque, that is what the car really needs!

[/Threadjack]
__________________
Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
Galavoxx
 
Galavoxx's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post
Yeah, mobil 1 filters rock(can't afford them since I change my oil every 1,500-2,500 miles).

[/Threadjack]

As far as rev'ing higher...how high do you need? I mean, jeebus, I power shift at 6300RPM's to get a nice 1 to 2 chirp...seriously...why would you want it to have a higher redline? 6k+ for hp range is plenty high enough...

The cars top speed is governed, so it wouldn't go any faster. I could care less if the car made its peak power and you shifted at 3k RPM's as long as I had enough gearing to go 100mph(for the occasional 1/4 mile run,if the car was actually faster),lol.

Now, more low end torque, that is what the car really needs!

[/Threadjack]
More low-end would be good too, of course. As far as redline goes, higher revs usually equal higher hp numbers on top. I'm just dreaming of one more thing that would make a nice hi-po Yaris motor: turrrbo, pretttty forrrged things, lightened things, head-job, fuel management... etc., etc. Higher revs are always fun but not always practical.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best synthetic oil and m/t oil?? doodoo DIY / Maintenance / Service 122 04-03-2017 08:43 PM
Help with oil change specs autophile DIY / Maintenance / Service 31 04-25-2011 09:22 PM
metal particles in oil 007 hatch DIY / Maintenance / Service 9 06-22-2007 02:56 AM
My first oil change RogueYaris DIY / Maintenance / Service 41 02-07-2007 07:41 AM
Motor oil debate - interesting info but a long read. mikeukrainetz General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 6 12-10-2006 08:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.