Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
hystria
 
hystria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal-Canada
Posts: 262
I need absolutely no excessive revving to start on a uphill road. It took time to feel this clutch, and the friction point is still too long - it's very easy to have it slipping & overheating if you don't completely release the pedal. One suggestion, try to get used with it - engage every time the 1st gear without revving the engine - just enough to quickly "catch" the clutch. Even starting in reverse on steep uphill was finally ok - and this is way more difficult to achieve as one has to keep the clutch only partially engaged. reverse gear on this car really sucks, but then nothing is perfect.

btw, this car doesn't like to go slowly uphill, only an automatic transmission will do
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
bayoublue
 
bayoublue's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris LB manual
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2
Hey kennywhy!

I just picked up my car and there's a BIG difference. It doesn't buck after I shift from 1st to 2nd and the friction point is where it should be. It would shudder the moment I let up on the clutch plus the pedal pressure felt like mush. Stalling and that burning smell were common when taking off on a slight grade or hill. I've driven a stick for 36 years (yikes!) and have never had a car do this, even when the clutch was going out on my 91 Toyota truck at 200,000 miles.

Longo Toyota experienced the same problem when driving it but couldn't come up with a reason. They said they hadn't heard of any recalls or problems before.

I've had my Yaris six months now and it is much more fun to drive, plus it seems faster. I'm wondering if my mileage will improve on the highway now. So far the best has been 38 mpg, which isn't bad but I'd like to go over 40.

I'd like to hear about your experience when you take your car in.
bayoublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clutch Start is TOO DEEP ricepower DIY / Maintenance / Service 16 03-18-2007 03:02 PM
Cannot open the driver door when unlocking from the outside. Rahxephon DIY / Maintenance / Service 10 12-02-2006 09:18 AM
c one motorsport clutch line(pics) badhabitz Performance Modifications 6 07-31-2006 10:08 AM
holy sexy clutch birdy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 8 05-05-2006 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.