Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
428CobraJet
 
Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: downtown Houston
Posts: 259
My dealer in Conroe says he can special order a 5 speed thru Gulf States.... but it may take 4 mos.
__________________
You are what you drive.
428CobraJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CobraJet View Post
My dealer in Conroe says he can special order a 5 speed thru Gulf States.... but it may take 4 mos.
Four months before I get to that fork in the road I'll go there (I assume you mean Gullo) before later looking out of state.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
^^^^^ (to my OP)

I was listening to one of the local call in car shows on the radio today. The person was calling in re the AC and heat systems (and the vents) on a 2011 Avalanche.....Light bulb! I remembered that I forgot to include one more difference that I noticed between the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Yaris. The Gen 2 has a manual 'recirculation adjustment' (can hear what sounds like a 'gate' move when you move the lever on the dash), and the Gen 3 has a button (which, IIRC, occasionally experienced a delay). I prefer the Gen 2 arrangement.....unless the lever on the Gen 2 is manipulated in a careless manner, it just seems as though that setup = less likely to malfunction.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your opinion on 2nd gen vs 3rd gen resale value chocolab General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 12-03-2013 11:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.