Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2015, 11:59 PM   #1
Hershey
 
Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
I used 5w-20 and 5w-30 Shell synthetic due to quieter engine , especially on interstate . That oil was less than $3 a quart . Also used Pennzoil Platinum at times . I think the Canadian tires Formula synthetic is SHELL . I've posted used oil analysises for the Yarises we had .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
tmontague
 
tmontague's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Caledonia Ont.
Posts: 2,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
I used 5w-20 and 5w-30 Shell synthetic due to quieter engine , especially on interstate . That oil was less than $3 a quart . Also used Pennzoil Platinum at times . I think the Canadian tires Formula synthetic is SHELL . I've posted used oil analysises for the Yarises we had .
Yes, i've read that a few times as well, ct's formula syn is made by Shell. It's not a pure syn oil but the price is awesome on sale and my engine looks brand new inside so I'll stick with what seems to be working and is economical. Plus the winter start ups are much easier. Although i'm adding a block heater this summer.
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
sheekeebut
Minimalist
 
Drives: 07 silver sedan
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mississauga, GTA, Toronto, ON
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
I used 5w-20 and 5w-30 Shell synthetic due to quieter engine , especially on interstate . That oil was less than $3 a quart . Also used Pennzoil Platinum at times . I think the Canadian tires Formula synthetic is SHELL . I've posted used oil analysises for the Yarises we had .
Have you used or analyzed Mobil1 5W30 or Castrol Edge 5W30?
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
Hershey
 
Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheekeebut View Post
Have you used or analyzed Mobil1 5W30 or Castrol Edge 5W30?
Sorry , no , just the SHELL and Pennzoil . Using Mobil1 A.F.E. 0w-20 in a '13 FIT . No U.O.A.s for that yet .

Last edited by Hershey; 04-08-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LB M/T options Howard2621 New YARIS Purchase Forum 1 09-22-2006 10:37 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.