Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #20
mr_miles
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 914
Update on the z - if anyone cares to know :p

I started burning oil (smoking quite terribly during turns and up/downhill) during spirited driving and was getting a burnt oil smell occasional during regular cruising as my exhaust valve cover was leaking on a turbo. my EGR and PCV valves were clogged, thus dumping oil into my intake. Z's are known for plumes of smoke during hard cornering due to the design flaw of the PCV valves. So I have since removed both systems and am running a catch can.

I also did a kevlar timing belt and all 4 camshaft seals, front main seal, new crankshaft gear as I had to snap the old one in half to remove it, deleted the non working A/C, deleted the HICAS which allowed me to get a smaller NA P/S pump, a new alternator as my TT P/S pump was leaking all up in that bitch, silicone hoses, new aluminum radiator, a coolant line bypass on the intake manifold, and a electronic boost controller to get me out of safety boost due to the PO in Japan bypassing the factory solenoids, and up to 13psi. I'm assuming the PO had a boost controller as my turbos are in fantastic shape.


I been busy.
__________________
~Now with more road noise and less functionality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.