![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Mr. 155 and climbing
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
|
I typically will make sure that when I change mine (usually once a year) I perform a flush as well. Yes for most people my interval is way overkill, but I would much rather change it once a year than risk anything with how the car is driven at 7k rpm for long durations at high speeds. So back to the flush it does help with moving any broken down portions of the current fluid.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Scion FRS RS2, ‘21 Crosstrek Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chatham, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,729
|
Quote:
I'd personally only use the same oil as I plan to re-fill with.
__________________
TRD Upgrades: 18" Wheels wrapped in 215/35/18 PZero's, Sportivo Shocks/Struts, Lowering Springs, Swaybar, Axle-Back Exhaust, Oil Cap, Rad Cap, Signage. Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley) Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Manual Transmission Vent | tmontague | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 3 | 09-08-2022 10:09 PM |
| looking for a new SE manual transmission | dirkpitt73 | Willing to Buy by private party | 25 | 06-02-2014 03:25 PM |
| So when DOES the transmission fluid need to be changed | dutchy999 | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 12 | 09-06-2011 05:18 PM |