Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2015, 05:49 AM   #1
aspro
 
Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 449
Nice. This is something i will be following for sure! Whats the deal with the suspension?
__________________

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
07dirtyaris
&
 
07dirtyaris's Avatar
 
Drives: meteorite metal 07 Hatch
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hillview, ky
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
Nice. This is something i will be following for sure! Whats the deal with the suspension?
I was just wanting to hear different people's ideas on a good gravel suspension. I'm leaning toward hot bits since they are good price pretty good quality and I could afford a spare set.


I put my cat on my exhaust today. I cut the muffler and put it there. Im putting the resonator on tomorrow, I wanted to hear the straight pipe with just the cat for a day. F*ck is it loud. Not just loud, I think it has 3 drones in the rpm range. It is embaressingly loud and annoying right now, I don't know why I expected any different!
07dirtyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
aspro
 
Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07dirtyaris View Post
I was just wanting to hear different people's ideas on a good gravel suspension. I'm leaning toward hot bits since they are good price pretty good quality and I could afford a spare set.


I put my cat on my exhaust today. I cut the muffler and put it there. Im putting the resonator on tomorrow, I wanted to hear the straight pipe with just the cat for a day. F*ck is it loud. Not just loud, I think it has 3 drones in the rpm range. It is embaressingly loud and annoying right now, I don't know why I expected any different!
You literally showed up at the right time my friend! I am also contemplating a rallycross build, not sure yet if im going to go with an echo hatchback or a yaris hatchback but ive got the cash in hand to source a used one and some extra to invest in long travel rally suspension and armor. I have already contacted hotbits to see what they can do for me for both platforms so im just waiting to hear back from them. I say go with hotbits, they seem to be the best bang for your buck and they produce a quality over time product (or so ive read)

I currently have both a yaris hatch and an echo hatch in the family that we have owned since new so i know these cars inside and out.

I want to go with the echo because, theyre cheaper used and also things like no trac control, its lighter, no electric steering, cable operated throttle body and just seems like its built better (stronger)... The only problem is getting performance parts for them is difficult.

The yaris has an abundance of aftermarket support for bracing, suspension, engine mods and its newer and better looking. But electric steering and throttle body, trac control, annoying seat belt modules etc make me want to stay away... I know they are small things but things i will avoid if i can.

I will be in touch with you regarding your build as i may need to pick your brain a little. Keep us updated and in the loop!
__________________

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DALLAS/FT. WORTH YARIS CLUB NOW FORMING! us13doolittle Southwest 24 05-31-2018 06:08 PM
SCCA Houston Region B Spec build :) FHT_Racing Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum 126 11-11-2014 01:08 PM
new yaris build coming djhuddy2442 General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 11 09-10-2013 04:19 AM
12/20/08 Buddy Club USA 5th Anniversary Clearance SALE DuckinOut California 3 12-18-2008 12:25 AM
Help me me build my budget system =) YarisSedan In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 22 11-25-2008 02:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.