Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd
 
Bluevitz-rs's Avatar
 
Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,967
I had an issue with downshifting to 4th. It wasn't until I changed to Royal Purple 75-90 GL4 that it fixed the problem. That was over 2 years ago now.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:21 AM   #2
BoostedTRD
 
Drives: 09 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
I had an issue with downshifting to 4th. It wasn't until I changed to Royal Purple 75-90 GL4 that it fixed the problem. That was over 2 years ago now.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try Royal Purple and see what happens.
BoostedTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
jeffreyd
I've made a post!
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Eastern Idaho
Posts: 1
Did The Royal Purple Help?

I have the same issue. The car has 138,000 miles though.

I can avoid grinding, but my wife cannot and I want to avoid gearbox issues. If changing the gearbox oil helps, I'm in!
jeffreyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd, 4th & Reverse Gear Not Engaging mesci DIY / Maintenance / Service 3 03-17-2023 07:03 AM
Stuck in 2nd gear! Surubi Suggestions - Feedback - Questions 3 03-01-2015 03:17 PM
2nd Gen owner's impressions: 3 days with a 3rd Gen (2013 5-door LE 18k miles) nookandcrannycar General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 02-22-2014 08:16 PM
2nd Gear lock out heeroyuy01195 DIY / Maintenance / Service 4 12-29-2011 01:44 PM
2nd to 3rd gear shift (manual tranny) tekmoe General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 13 12-11-2006 06:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.