Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
Dabuu
Radical Dreamer
 
Drives: spiritedly.
Join Date: May 2016
Location: No Bueno Park, CA
Posts: 219
A bigger sway bar in the rear (or in our case, the addition of one) will increase oversteer by stiffening up the rear.

Basically, stiffer front will give you understeer and stiffer rear will give you more oversteer.

I'm no suspension expert, but that's how I understand it.

Throw a TRD rear sway bar back there, and you'll get more rotation in the rear.

Then some nice lowering spring/shock combo, sticky street tires w/ proper offset wheels and you'll be grinning at every corner.
__________________
Enjoy Family Car Sports
Dabuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
m.flores.0928
 
m.flores.0928's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabuu View Post
A bigger sway bar in the rear (or in our case, the addition of one) will increase oversteer by stiffening up the rear.



Basically, stiffer front will give you understeer and stiffer rear will give you more oversteer.



I'm no suspension expert, but that's how I understand it.



Throw a TRD rear sway bar back there, and you'll get more rotation in the rear.



Then some nice lowering spring/shock combo, sticky street tires w/ proper offset wheels and you'll be grinning at every corner.


Oh ok got it. Thanks!

I'm leaning on TRD springs right now, but I'm not sure how much they lower the car. I didn't catch it. Recommendations? Factory ones are too soft I think, especially in the rear.

Not sure about coilovers, I feel like I don't need the adjustability. I'm sure good ones are worth it but I feel like it's overkill for me. Thoughts?

Any recommendations on good shocks? Factory good enough? I feel like factory shocks are waaaay soft.

I have the spacers to mimic some sort of offset but I still don't know what's a proper offset wheel for good cornering. I can't tell a difference in that regard.

What about tire recommendations?I have Kumho tires they are pretty basic (don't remember the model) they were like $90 each just in parts cost. The shop I went used those because they were the only tires they had in that size I was trying to get. I figured wider is better for more road contact, but didn't want any taller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
m.flores.0928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chassis, stabilizer, suspension, sway

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which adjustable front sway bar endlinks work on the Yaris? marlondog Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 14 09-02-2011 09:11 PM
Sway bar link replacement salmonz DIY / Maintenance / Service 8 12-09-2010 09:30 AM
C-One Front Sway and 4 Point H-Brace ... SoCal DuckinOut Items for Sale by private party 3 09-13-2010 04:38 PM
front sway bar question thom25 Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 13 08-25-2009 07:54 PM
Sway Bar! dngz Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 55 01-12-2007 03:31 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.