Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #28
Kaotic Lazagna
 
Kaotic Lazagna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 9,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07liftback View Post
I might be an outlier here but tried shell a few times since t-mobile Tuesdays had promotions for $0.25 off each gallon at shell.

I usually fill up at Costco but with shell, The torque felt about the same on my 5 speed yaris but my mpg dropped from 34mpg to 30mpg. I tried filling up at different shell stations with the same result. I can maintain about 34mpg with chevron gas but I just can't figure out why my mpg is much less with shell.

The 76 near my house produced the same results as well.
I've been using Shell since I got Dory (December last year). Before I switched wheels and tires, I was getting 43-45 mpg. After switching wheels and tires, it went down to 40-41 mpg. However, I'm not sure what Shell did, but my last tank dropped to 37 mpg. Tried Chevron (I used to use nothing but Chevron with my first Yaris), mpg was 41. I filled up with Shell again after, and I need to fill up again tomorrow, so I'll see what the calculations come out to. If it's lower than 40 mpg, then I can probably conclude that Shell did something with their formula here in the Bay Area.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***The Engine Oil Bible*** Hussain-Vtec Performance Modifications 20 09-28-2016 02:47 PM
Fuel Economy swng Fuel Economy Forum 2089 01-23-2015 06:41 PM
DIY - Removing the gas tank from under the car (to access the fuel filter, etc.) CTScott DIY / Maintenance / Service 1 08-21-2013 03:57 PM
How to save on $4 a gallon gas this summer fnkngrv Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 1 05-26-2011 07:07 PM
New car shopping - long post littlecarlove General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 19 11-01-2006 10:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.