Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #13
boris13
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Royal Oak, MI, USA
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman View Post
Any improvement in bass in almost always met with a decrease in output... I only say almost because I'm sure there is an exception to the rule somewhere, but I've never seen it!

The addition of the bright pioneer tweeters will give a sense of "clarity" (although they really aren't "clean" by any means), but I suspect bass output wont increase much if at all.

There are speakers capable of giving a low end similar to a subwoofer, but all of them will require an amp.

Your much better off adding a set of tweeters to the stock setup, and mounting on the A pillar, it'll yield more of an overall improvement than anything you can do at this point, short of adding an amp.

If you can deal with less output, go for a lower end componenet set (as opposed to the kappas listed above, the reference series would be a better choice)... will definitely yield improved quality across the board.
So, let's say I go ahead and add a small amp (I guess I'd need to hook up a line-out converter or something like that, right?) to the system. Would that drive the speakers better and add some bass? What's your opinion of the Pioneer Premier speakers?

I'd also be interested in what speakers you feel would add low end similar to a subwoofer (I've pretty much decided against adding a sub; I need the room in the back for my dogs). I'm looking to invest $500-700 here, including installation. I should also mention that most of the music I'll be playing is blues, '50s-'60s R&B, and early/classic rock. So I don't need hip-hop style bass thump.
__________________
'07 3-door Meteorite Metallic Liftback: manual transmission, power package, 60/40 split fold-flat rear seat, ABS, side airbags, keyless entry, fog lights, 7-spoke 15" Toyota alloys, cruise control, TRD sway bar.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
When will the Yaris hit the showrooms at dealers? Petrolhead New YARIS Purchase Forum 181 11-28-2011 07:03 AM
Can I install these speakers to the front and rear of my liftback? W.A.S.P In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 33 02-25-2009 02:23 PM
X'Mas Special - Aeroparts for the Vitz MC-BPT Sponsors Classifieds Area 24 01-11-2007 09:39 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.