Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
Blenjar
 
Blenjar's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,548
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
compusa warranty.

More than half of compusa stores are closing but are you sure about the whole chain closing down?
I know you didn't say chain but what do you think?

If it closes and my product dies within a year, I'll get partial of my money back..or better yet, return it and get store credit, and buy w/e is on super low price due to the store's financial status.

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #2
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)
 
eijikikimaru's Avatar
 
Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So. CaL
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenjar View Post
compusa warranty.

More than half of compusa stores are closing but are you sure about the whole chain closing down?
I know you didn't say chain but what do you think?

If it closes and my product dies within a year, I'll get partial of my money back..or better yet, return it and get store credit, and buy w/e is on super low price due to the store's financial status.
I am not sure if the whole CompUSA chain is closing down, but all the CompUSA that I know of (from Santa Fe Spring, CA all the way down to Mission Viejo, CA) are closing. Some of them have signs marked 40%-75% off all items, but non of those store indicated the whole chain is going down.

If it's just a few selected area that are closing but the chain itself is still up then I guess having the CompUSA warranty is still good.

I was just concerned for you. The scenerio I was thinking in my head was a bad case scenerio.

The Scenerio was CompUSA chain is going down, and you got the warranty without knowing this information. A week later CompUSA chain dies and a week after that, your GPS goes haywire. So you go to your local CompUSA store to use your warranty, but only to find out that they're closed.
(Scene: You standing in front of the door of a desolated CompUSA store, to see a big fat "ALL STORE ARE CLOSED. OUT OF BUSINESS" sign. With GPS in hand, a large tumbleweed is blown by the wind and rolls behind you).
Infact the whole CompUSA chain is gone, and they didn't give you a notice about going out of business. What about your warranty? Is there a possible sister company who will pick up the warrenty. If not then you just gave CompUSA free money for a warranty you can't use and you have a useless GPS in your hand. Therefore you're now S.O.L.


That was what my concern was for you and all other future buyers of CompUSA warranties. once again I do not know if the whole chain is going out of business.
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you have a portable GPS Driver Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 8 12-13-2006 01:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.