Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
DarkShadowFox
Banned
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yaris View Post
Got it figured out, and now it’s alive!!!!!!!!!! I had to swap a wire that was just a plug with a ground with a different wire that included the ground and connection to the cruise control unit. A special thanks to DarkShadowFox for hyperlinking that video of the Rostra install. It gave me the idea to pursue the correct wire from Toyota. Thanks for the help.

Part numbers to install on US Spec 2016 Yaris L are as follows:

Cruise Control Switch (84632-08021)
Clutch Switch; for cars with manual trans. (8820-42010)
Steering Wheel Switch Cover (45186-0D150-C0)
Cruise Switch Wire (84633-02020)
Cruise Control Switch Screws; need 2 of these. (90159-50199)
LMAO JFC dont tell me even the L gauge cluster has a spot for the cruise control omfg. they are ripping people off on these yarises lmao.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
Captain Yaris
 
Captain Yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SoFloYo
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
LMAO JFC dont tell me even the L gauge cluster has a spot for the cruise control omfg. they are ripping people off on these yarises lmao.
It sure as hell does!
Captain Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
DarkShadowFox
Banned
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yaris View Post
It sure as hell does!
DUMMM. o well i wanted power locks and the rear lock squishy panel vs a manual lock and im not going to be the one to make a thread on how to install that. thats more money then you save on buying an L .
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:16 AM   #4
vigvoodoo
I've made a post!
 
Drives: 2016 Toyota Yaris L
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yaris View Post
Cruise Control Switch (84632-08021)
Clutch Switch; for cars with manual trans. (8820-42010)
Steering Wheel Switch Cover (45186-0D150-C0)
Cruise Switch Wire (84633-02020)
Cruise Control Switch Screws; need 2 of these. (90159-50199)
Will this work for:

2016 Toyota Yaris L base model
Automatic
Touchscreen
No steering wheel controls

?
vigvoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #5
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Machesney Park, IL
Posts: 545
Your dealer person is crabby apparently. The dealer I bought my 2016 Yaris L from actually gave me the clutch switch and installed it for me after I showed them I plugged in the factory switch from another car into the steering wheel and that it lit up on the dash. The service adviser wanted to see if it would actually work hahaha.
__________________
-Karl the Uber/Lyft Driver
Dodge Aries K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:49 PM   #6
Captain Yaris
 
Captain Yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SoFloYo
Posts: 259
I remember that! That’s why I wouldn’t give up, I know it’s been done before. My dealer deals with a lot of little old ladies buying Corolla’s, Camry’s, and Rav4’s. They just sell the higher package and could care less about modding.
Captain Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #7
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 3,794
I hope CTScott is well.
__________________
On Instagram

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #8
NYC-SE
 
NYC-SE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I hope CTScott is well.
Me too.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #9
Captain Yaris
 
Captain Yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SoFloYo
Posts: 259
Is he not ok? I haven’t seen him on here in awhile.
Captain Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
WeeYari
 
WeeYari's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 5dr LE (deceased), 13 Soul
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,827
He's been on, just not posting.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
__________________
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #11
irakli_86
 
Drives: Yaris MK2
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7
I've just installed the cruise control stalk into my 2012 Yaris with a 1.3 (2NZ) engine. Its automatic and GCC (middle east) spec. Straight plug and play into the 4 pin connector slot which was empty next to the 10 pin connector. Mine has audio buttons as well bluetooth handset buttons. I didn't have to swap any pins whatsoever, cruise light and set all work fine.
Took about 10 minutes including setting up the audio after battery disconnect.
Only thing remaining is for the oem cover with the hole and rubber grommet to arrive.

Thanks to CTScott for all the info in this thread !
irakli_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:52 AM   #12
Per Olof
 
Drives: Toyota yaris G 2014
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Thailand
Posts: 9
Hello I´m new at forum,I want to now if my Toyota Yaris is ok for cruise control
the picture is from under the steering next to yellow socket,the 10 pin socket
and if I can buy a set from you Scot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180728_113654.jpg (153.2 KB, 334 views)

Last edited by Per Olof; 07-28-2018 at 02:07 AM.
Per Olof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #13
DarkShadowFox
Banned
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Olof View Post
Hello I´m new at forum,I want to now if my Toyota Yaris is ok for cruise control
the picture is from under the steering next to yellow socket,the 10 pin socket
and if I can buy a set from you Scot
scot does not sell sets he is not a dealer. you can buy all the parts from the internet. on camelback. he just assembles things.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:36 AM   #14
Per Olof
 
Drives: Toyota yaris G 2014
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Thailand
Posts: 9
thank you for your ansver,I have look at Rostra and conection to ECM is not possible
Its a diffrent ECM behind the glove compartment,But I found a good universal one at
CANM8 England,It works fine in my car from OBD and can bus,the only thing is that it
dont get brake signal to can bus, but they send me extra conection from the brake padel to cruise module,I have test it already and it works fine without extra adjustment,it has a cruise brake butten on the backside of the stulk
Per Olof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #15
Civic_JDM
 
Drives: KSP130
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 2
Dear Experts

Please help to confirm if ECM # 89661-5C340 (Japnese spec, 1.0L engine i.e. 1KR-FE) support cruise control?
Civic_JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:03 AM   #16
Stargate
 
Drives: Yaris Active 2018
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Milano Italia
Posts: 3
Ciao, have Active Yaris 2018. I can't open for install Cruise control. Can you help me. Thanks

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk
Stargate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #17
stykerdk
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015
 
Drives: yaris Hybrid limited 2015
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate View Post
Ciao, have Active Yaris 2018. I can't open for install Cruise control. Can you help me. Thanks

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8r_oUV_plI
__________________
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015
C-HR 1,8 Hybrid premium 2020
stykerdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #18
Spidious
 
Spidious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 5dr
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7
Been thru this twice. If I have to plug in the cruise wires in the steering wheel connector which and what colors ? I have a 2017 Yaris L
Spidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruise control. 2012

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
NEED ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CODE LIST Attitude Forced Induction Forum 12 04-11-2011 06:38 PM
Cruise Control chessclubloser DIY / Maintenance / Service 11 03-27-2010 11:59 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.