Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
I may just have to start whipping these up. Should the distances between grounding points in the bay be the same for the Sedan and Liftback?
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Moose
Resident Redneck
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Polar White Yaris Sedan 5M
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I may just have to start whipping these up. Should the distances between grounding points in the bay be the same for the Sedan and Liftback?
Should be- I mean, really, a grounding point is the same no matter what kind of car it is.
__________________
My other rides:
2003 Honda Civic LX Coupe 5M- S/C K24 w/ LSD coming soon!
1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe 5M w/ B18 powaa
1985 Toyota Celica GTS Coupe 5M- track whip
http://www.importlounge.com
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
I know, but I've been surprised by the differences in the two before. In theory it shouldn't be any different from platform to platform as long as it has the 1NZ.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
For those of you complaining about the rough idle, I switched over to Royal Purple 5W30 full synthetic today and it was idling smoother. Just an idea...
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
Spades
The Hated One
 
Spades's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon,USA
Posts: 390
well, from what I read in the DIY and what I know of mechanics/electrical, I would say good places to ground are firewall next to the ecu, starter,alternator, the throttlebody(its on the other side of the engine away from the ground on the alternator)or somewhere on the engine close to it,and maybe a couple places on the fenders or chassis.

I am really not sure if it makes the ignition more consistent as everyone says it does, but I know it helps the starter and alternator last longer, and helps if you have a aftermarket stereo.

Edit: there is already a DIY in the DIY manual from this site. really all you have to do if you want to make your own, is go down to a local stereo shop and ask if you can have or buy for cheap some of their scraps of wire they have laying around. then make a distribution block from some steel and you are set, all you need is some bolts and metal screws, some light gauge steel, and some 10 gauge+ wire...
__________________
Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
It wasn't Chris, but yes, someone did.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grounding kits 07WYarisRS Items for Sale by private party 55 07-28-2007 04:08 AM
HID Light Conversion Kits - $170 shipped! MobileHID Sponsors Classifieds Area 120 05-02-2007 09:04 PM
What's the difference in the Door lock Kits (wire and rod) mgthompson General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 03-19-2007 01:29 AM
Yaris Body Kits???? SamSam Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 23 01-15-2007 03:38 PM
GROUNDING KIT DIY? SEaton DIY / Maintenance / Service 73 10-22-2006 04:03 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.