Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Jamus
 
Drives: '12 3dr Yaris L
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern WV
Posts: 38
Awesome, thank you very much. I never would have guessed it to be the black plug.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Jamus
 
Drives: '12 3dr Yaris L
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern WV
Posts: 38
Well, I tried to hook this up with no result. I'm partially color blind so maybe I could have the wrong wires. Is there a diagram of the black plugs pins somewhere? Is there a black wire, or a dark brown?
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
Well, I tried to hook this up with no result. I'm partially color blind so maybe I could have the wrong wires. Is there a diagram of the black plugs pins somewhere? Is there a black wire, or a dark brown?
This is the connector drawing (view is looking into the holes where the connector would plug into the clockspring). Pin 1 (beige) is the CCS pin, which goes to the ECM. Pin 2 (Brown) is the ground wire.

D103.jpg
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Jamus
 
Drives: '12 3dr Yaris L
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern WV
Posts: 38
Thanks for the quick response, and expert electrical knowledge. I used a micro pot instead of resistors. That shouldn't be a problem should it?
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
Thanks for the quick response, and expert electrical knowledge. I used a micro pot instead of resistors. That shouldn't be a problem should it?
The problem with potentiometers is that depending on the construction they can drift. Also, depending on the range of the pot, the under 1K area of the pot can be very small, making it difficult to lock in the correct values.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
Jamus
 
Drives: '12 3dr Yaris L
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern WV
Posts: 38
Just wanted to let everyone know I got it working and it's great. I probably ran into every problem that one might run into, but with quick help from CTScott I was put back on the right track. Thanks again Scott, and the forum as a whole.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
PierreG
 
Drives: yaris
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: marquette, mi
Posts: 3
Got the cruise stalk in my 2012 3dr., but does anyone know where there is a tutorial to get at the clutch switch?
PierreG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreG View Post
Got the cruise stalk in my 2012 3dr., but does anyone know where there is a tutorial to get at the clutch switch?
The clutch switch on the 2012 is just like the 2nd gen. Look at the top of the clutch pedal and you will see a bolt threaded into the frame, with a stop nut where it meets the frame. Remove that bolt and install the CC clutch switch in its place. The switch should be adjusted to where it is fully pressed in when the clutch pedal is not depressed and, where as soon as you touch the pedal the switch is no longer pressed.


clutch switch.jpg
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #9
stuart_f
 
Drives: Yaris TR 1.33CVT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oxford
Posts: 9
Hi Danieldk,

Have a look at post 37. I have the paddles and had the same issue with getting to the 2 clips at the top of the wheel.

What you have to do is use the hole to push the bottom clip which should release part of the airbag. There are no other holes to get to the other clips so you have to get to them through the gap you create when you release the first clip.

The major thing you have to notice is that the bottom clip (the one you get to through the hole) needs you to push the clip to release it, the other 2 need you to pull. I used a small ring-ended spanner to pull the other clips and release them.

Let me have a go in paint and try and illustrate what you need to do:

Step 1 - push the first pin through the hole with a flat screwdriver. It's the yellow arrow.

Step 2+3 - pull the far away end of the second and third clip towards you. These are circled red in the diagram (sorry about the cables being in the way on the photo of the lower clip but it's just the same as the upper one)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-07-10 15.02.39.jpg (254.5 KB, 1070 views)
stuart_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #10
Kiran
I've made a post!
 
Drives: Yaris 2012
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London
Posts: 1
2012 1.0 yaris TR VVT-i manual cruise control

hi guys,

my first post ever on a car forum.

purchased my first ever yaris which I'm so pleased with. desperate to have the cruise control on the car so i purchased it from eBay for like £19.

its arrived, i removed the air bag, connected the stalk and the connector into the unused four pin slot on the right of the ten pin connector.

set everything back up, and the cruise light won't come on. I'm so upset. please tell me what it could be!

my engine code is 1KFR.

its a 1litre petrol manual
2012 plate
has the touch and go system with the bluetooth call buttons on the right of the steering wheel aswell.

awaiting your expert advice!

thanks
Kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran View Post
hi guys,

my first post ever on a car forum.

purchased my first ever yaris which I'm so pleased with. desperate to have the cruise control on the car so i purchased it from eBay for like £19.

its arrived, i removed the air bag, connected the stalk and the connector into the unused four pin slot on the right of the ten pin connector.

set everything back up, and the cruise light won't come on. I'm so upset. please tell me what it could be!

my engine code is 1KFR.

its a 1litre petrol manual
2012 plate
has the touch and go system with the bluetooth call buttons on the right of the steering wheel aswell.

awaiting your expert advice!

thanks

Only the 1.33L European Yaris have cruise control built into the ECM. Your car does not, so the kit will not work. You would need a complete aftermarket solution to have cruise control on your car.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
mr_miles
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 914
This makes me wonder if the Rostra CC install is the same for the 2012/13 as it is in the second gen. I yanked it all out of my 08 to put in the new one, just haven't gotten around to finding install guides for it, lol
__________________
~Now with more road noise and less functionality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
This makes me wonder if the Rostra CC install is the same for the 2012/13 as it is in the second gen. I yanked it all out of my 08 to put in the new one, just haven't gotten around to finding install guides for it, lol
Did you have the Rostra with the little stalk on the left side of the wheel, or the Rostra kit which used the OEM right side stalk?
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
mr_miles
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 914
i have the kit with the stalk on the left side.
__________________
~Now with more road noise and less functionality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #15
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
i have the kit with the stalk on the left side.
Ah. That will probably still work, but really isn't worth the effort. With the 2012, you can simply install the OEM stalk and be good to go (without all of the crazy wiring required for the Rostra kit). If you are interested, I would trade you one of the OEM stalk kits for your Rostra kit, so I can experiment with it to see if it would really work for 2nd gen European owners (I have suspected for quite some time that it will, but have not had the opportunity to verify).
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #16
mr_miles
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 914
Hmm...I do plan on replacing the steering wheel in the future (not near), if you think it's possible to somehow use the OEM cruise with an aftermarket wheel, I wouldn't mind the swap at all.
__________________
~Now with more road noise and less functionality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
Hmm...I do plan on replacing the steering wheel in the future (not near), if you think it's possible to somehow use the OEM cruise with an aftermarket wheel, I wouldn't mind the swap at all.
The OEM one will definitely not work with an aftermarket wheel. The Rostra one will, since it mounts to the steering column cover, rather than within the wheel.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #18
mr_miles
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 914
Oh well, I'll just go with the OEM until I swap wheels. then I can always adapt to something different later on. You're going to have a box full of Yaris electrical goodies from me, lol. Still have a few other things to send to you :p
__________________
~Now with more road noise and less functionality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruise control. 2012

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
NEED ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CODE LIST Attitude Forced Induction Forum 12 04-11-2011 06:38 PM
Cruise Control chessclubloser DIY / Maintenance / Service 11 03-27-2010 11:59 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.