Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
Oh well, I'll just go with the OEM until I swap wheels. then I can always adapt to something different later on. You're going to have a box full of Yaris electrical goodies from me, lol. Still have a few other things to send to you :p
LOL. Sounds like a plan.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
william7
 
Drives: Yaris 2012 Luna 1.0 L
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 7
Hi,

is any chance to work CC in Yaris made in France with 1.0 vvti 1kr-fe engine?

I can get VIN if it could help...

Best regards
william7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by william7 View Post
Hi,

is any chance to work CC in Yaris made in France with 1.0 vvti 1kr-fe engine?

I can get VIN if it could help...

Best regards
The Toyota OEM cruise control definitely will not work with the 1.0L French made Yaris, but the Rostra kit that mr miles and I were discussing above may. Once I have it in hand and check some things relative to the wiring diagrams for the 1kr-fe I will let you know.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
william7
 
Drives: Yaris 2012 Luna 1.0 L
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 7
I looked in my yaris speedometer and it has a CC lights.
william7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by william7 View Post
I looked in my yaris speedometer and it has a CC lights.
Is it a 2007 Terra, like your info shows, or is it a 2012?

Also, it may be that the same speedometer is used on the 1.0 L and 1.33 L Yaris.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
william7
 
Drives: Yaris 2012 Luna 1.0 L
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 7
I forgot about changing my profile.

I have 2012 Yaris Luna 1.0 L
william7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by william7 View Post
I forgot about changing my profile.

I have 2012 Yaris Luna 1.0 L
OK - That makes more sense as to why it has the light for cruise control. According to the Toyota wiring diagrams for the French made Yaris, only the 1.33L has the cruise control function built in, so it must be that they use the same speedometer for the various engine configurations.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
jelo
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris L
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sheridan, WY
Posts: 2
Just picked up my 2013 Yaris - will want to do this down the road, so it is time to ask: Anybody know the differences between 2012 and 2013 for cruise control install?
jelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelo View Post
Just picked up my 2013 Yaris - will want to do this down the road, so it is time to ask: Anybody know the differences between 2012 and 2013 for cruise control install?
No difference at all.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
jelo
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris L
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sheridan, WY
Posts: 2
Great - Thanks!
jelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
ksejrs
I've made a post!
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris LE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 1
Awesome pictures made for an easy install!

Thank you CTScott, richard rsp & 12BusYaris,
I just recently bought my second Yaris(2012). My daughter took the first one (2009) to college. I was disappointed that it didn't have cruise control seeing as it had all the other power options. I was thrilled when I found this site and learned how easy it was to remedy. I bought the stalk online for about $58 with shipping and it took about 30 minutes tops to install. Just need to cut the hole in the cover piece. Anyone have measurements for that? Thanks again!
ksejrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksejrs View Post
Thank you CTScott, richard rsp & 12BusYaris,
I just recently bought my second Yaris(2012). My daughter took the first one (2009) to college. I was disappointed that it didn't have cruise control seeing as it had all the other power options. I was thrilled when I found this site and learned how easy it was to remedy. I bought the stalk online for about $58 with shipping and it took about 30 minutes tops to install. Just need to cut the hole in the cover piece. Anyone have measurements for that? Thanks again!
I still haven't had a chance to get my hands on a 2012 to take the measurements. I actually have a batch of the 2012+ cover pieces on order, and should have them in hand next week.

Also, with the cruise control stalks and the clutch switches, I always have some on hand and sell them for a fraction of retail.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
^Nice!

By the way, I recently acquired a batch of the replacement covers for the side of the 2012-2013 steering wheel, which have the hole for the cruise control stalk. They are $5 shipped in the US.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:08 PM   #14
storyofakid10
I've made a post!
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: New York
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
^Nice!

By the way, I recently acquired a batch of the replacement covers for the side of the 2012-2013 steering wheel, which have the hole for the cruise control stalk. They are $5 shipped in the US.
Hi CTScott, I know this post is now 10 years old, but I am looking to install a CC stalk on my 2012 Toyota Yaris and am wondering if by any chance you are still selling the side steering wheel covers (with cutout for CC stalk) for $5? I am in the US. Thanks
storyofakid10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #15
misterwolfe
What is a clutch?
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 21
Send a message via AIM to misterwolfe
Can I do this to a 2007 Yaris Liftback with the power option added? I have everything but cruise.
misterwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #16
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterwolfe View Post
Can I do this to a 2007 Yaris Liftback with the power option added? I have everything but cruise.
Yes. Below is a link to my DIY for 06-11 Yaris. I carry all of the part required if you are interested in installing it:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33750
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
misterwolfe
What is a clutch?
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 21
Send a message via AIM to misterwolfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Yes. Below is a link to my DIY for 06-11 Yaris. I carry all of the part required if you are interested in installing it:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33750
Thank you! Though with requiring to wire up my steering column, that may be my roadblock. Will look into this. (I am colorblind, and at the mercy of my father doing these for me.)

If it is relatively easy, I'll totally buy an entire kit from ya. Also, hoping for keyless entry soon too!
misterwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #18
Licky
I've made a post!
 
Drives: yaris
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1
Hi everyone, I am new here, and from australia.

I have a Yaris YR 5 door (base model, 1.3 manual)

I have "acquired" a OEM cruise control stalk and cable, I can fit it into the steering wheel no worries, the cruise light comes on, though can not set the speed. Would this be because of the clutch switch?. I have tried Toyota, and they werent really much help. Though they did come back with a $90 part. I do have to push the clutch in to start the vehicle to begin with though, so i would assume it would already have one?.

Could someone please shed some light for me?

THanks.
Licky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruise control. 2012

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
NEED ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CODE LIST Attitude Forced Induction Forum 12 04-11-2011 06:38 PM
Cruise Control chessclubloser DIY / Maintenance / Service 11 03-27-2010 11:59 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.