![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
||||||||
| View Poll Results: Yaris Plural is... | |||
| Yarii |
|
38 | 73.08% |
| Yarises |
|
10 | 19.23% |
| Yaris' |
|
2 | 3.85% |
| Something Else (Please post) |
|
2 | 3.85% |
| Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
Yaris Plural
OK, I'm seeing different things so I would like to take a vote to see what we should use (well at least for this site for now)
Is Yaris plural Yarii or Yarises or something else (please post)?
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Yarisususussss
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 249
|
maybe we should ask toyota on that one...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 249
|
... or at least our european counterparts as they've had the Yaris brand since 1999.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
Just voted for "Yarises". Sounds less academic to me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |||
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Yes, we don't want to sound like academic snobs.
Oh, and Yarii reminds me of this song. I don't like that song. Here is a better version: You are my fire The one desire Believe when I say I want a Yaray But we are a continent apart Oh I Can't reach the start When you say You have no Yaray [Chorus:] Tell you why Ain't nothin' but a heartache Tell you why Ain't nothin' but a mistake Tell you why I never wanna hear you say I have no Yaray. Am I your driver Your one pied piper Yes I can only say I want a Yaray. [Chorus] Now I can see that your nowhere in sight Now why oh why do I have to fight with this idiot dude without sight I want him to know That even far across the sea... You are my fire My one desire You are You are, you are, you are Don't wanna have to say Ain't nothin' but a heartache Ain't nothin' but a mistake (Don't wanna hear you say) I never wanna hear you say I have no Yaray. Tell you why Ain't nothin' but a heartache Tell you why Ain't nothin but a mistake Tell you why I never wanna hear you say (Don't wanna hear you say it) I have no Yaray I have no Yaray. Last edited by why?; 04-06-2006 at 10:11 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
5-Door Envy
Drives: '08 Scion xD Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 120
|
Quote:
![]() j/k |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
Quote:
By the way, does anyone know anything about the turning radii of the Fit and the Yarii/Yari? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
5-Door Envy
Drives: '08 Scion xD Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 120
|
Quote:
Fit/Fit Sport 34.3/34.4 Last edited by jdgriswald; 09-06-2006 at 05:59 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
Thanks jdgriswald. You are the "serious type" and I like it
.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
Quote:
LOL. I see what you are saying but none of those other words end in -is so there really is nothing to reference to. I think that Yarii will work, but it should be said as if only one I is there, yar-EE, 'cuz yar-EE-eye just sounds stupid, unless you are a pirate.
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
AAAARRRRRR.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Ozecho.com Owner
|
I think it should be Yarii
__________________
Harves - Ozecho.com Owner and Administrator Ozecho.com Australia's Online Echo and Yaris Community |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() Drives: Toyota Yaris II Terra 1.3 5Dr Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hungary
Posts: 4
|
If Yaris would be a Greek word, than the plural would be Yares, although I think it has nothing to do with Greek.
But to improve your linguistic knowledge, I tell you that the Hungarian plural of Yaris is Yarisok.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
5-Door Envy
Drives: '08 Scion xD Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 120
|
Quote:
From the Saint Louis Post Dispatch 12/28/05 ATLANTA — During a question-and-answer session at a media event here introducing the all-new subcompact Toyota Yaris, a question came up regarding the meaning of the name. “It’s a minor Greek god,” answered Ernest Bastien, vice president of vehicle operations. “. . . The god of health, I think.” To which Dick Kelley, a Toyota PR guy, quickly added: “It’s the entry-level god.” Yaris is entry-level, for sure. But, in the wake of the disappointing sales of the outgoing Toyota Echo subcompact — a rare state-side failure for Toyota — the company isn’t relying on divine intervention for Yaris’s success. This new subcompact has been designed to avoid Echo’s mistakes, Bastien said. .... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
well then. I like mine better LOL
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| 2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! | YarisBueller | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 104 | 06-24-2009 04:54 PM |
| Toyota unveils 2007 Yaris T-Sport Concept | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 63 | 01-21-2007 03:12 PM |
| is the yaris for me? | sauruman | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 14 | 02-27-2006 08:27 PM |