![]() |
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Car Geek
Drives: Yaris Liftback Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio cornfields
Posts: 213
|
Question about Toyota's shipping system
Okay, I'm now going through my second waiting period due to a dealer foul-up. I've been told my car is at "A-Status" in the delivery system - I'd like to think this is being-loaded-onto-the-car-carrier status, but I'm not sure.
Anybody care to guess? Better yet does anybody know the various status levels? Here are mine (these are total guesses): D-Status = Order accepted into system C-Status = Car scheduled for build B-Status = Car built and waiting to be shipped to the Regional Distribution Center A-Status = Car at Regional Distribution Center waiting to be shipped to Dealer Just passing the time while I wait...
__________________
Kevin '07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold) '08 Black auto liftback (sold) '09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold) |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Western North Carolina,USA
Posts: 62
|
Ordering a Yaris,is it the hottest car on earth?
I 've been trying to get a Yaris for over a month now and my dealership can not get them off inventory. The one I wanted was sold before he could get it,and he thought he had one the next day and it was sold to? He tried to sell me one of the ones they have coming in and I 'm like ,no I want the car that I want my color,etc. So,he told me that the computers update on Thursday with the new stock info,and he will try and find me one then.If not they will order the car for me. The weird thing is I go one southeast inventory and still see the car I want and see more coming in May? Way in the hel$ can they not get me this car? Are they just trying to make me cave in and buy the cars they have on the lot? Is the Yaris the hardest car on earth get right now? It seems that way for me at least. Or maybe I should go to another dealership?
YotaYarisUSA |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Car Geek
Drives: Yaris Liftback Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio cornfields
Posts: 213
|
The "supply and demand" situation depends alot on where you are. My experience has been that hatchbacks are out there, although the dealer may have to either trade or order a car. This assessment does not apply to the west coast, as it seems any interesting car either has long waits or high markups. I can't believe California MINI dealers are still getting over sticker on the MINI (or so I've been told). Silly...
The situation you describe sounds like the dealer is jerking you around a bit, hoping you'll panic and cave-in. Although there is the standard "new model demand" for the Yaris hatch, it doesn't seem too bad and you shouldn't have to take dealer add-ons. I've noticed that my local Honda dealer is trying the "piling-on the-extras" stunt with the Fit. Patience is the key. If you're willing to make a token deposit and wait a few weeks or so, you should be able to get exactly what you want.
__________________
Kevin '07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold) '08 Black auto liftback (sold) '09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold) |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Toyota's Yaris TRD | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 07-24-2006 08:10 PM |