Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
pennystocks
 
pennystocks's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 159
My first tank i got 30.5 US mpg w/ mostly city and normal driving. Btw i dont know if its been posted, but http://scangauge.com.
It shows stuff like instant MPG, average MPG, throttle position, battery volts, coolant temp, air intake temp and a couple of more readings.

Its out of stock for now, they say it'll be in may of 06, cant wait to get it, i miss the mpg gauge from my olds aurora 4.0, but anything is better than 16.5 mpg. Also maybe make scangauge.com a sticky?
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko
The Yaris was available in Canada a year before the U.S., as a result many of the reports are Litres/100km from the Canadian owners. I think there is a conversion chart somewhere on this thread.
here is a good converter"http://www.onlineconversion.com/fuel_consumption.htm

And a good calculator:
http://www.vehicleservice.co.za/calc/fuel.html

US MPG is easy to do, so I don't think a calculator is necessary.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
here is a good converter"http://www.onlineconversion.com/fuel_consumption.htm

And a good calculator:
http://www.vehicleservice.co.za/calc/fuel.html

US MPG is easy to do, so I don't think a calculator is necessary.
Sweet! thanx.
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
welcome.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
ricko
 
ricko's Avatar
 
Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgian Triangle Ont.
Posts: 310
What mileage do you have on your car Nick? I have not even come close to that yet.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 AM   #6
El Jefe
 
Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
Join Date: May 2006
Location: california uber alles! (sacramento)
Posts: 204
i would post up what my mileage is..but i havent even had to fill up yet! maybe in a few days.
btw how much gas does everyone put in on average? like if it's on the last bar? since it's 11.1 gal tank im guessing 9-10gals on a fill up?
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
We'll see, I'm with you. I've driven 190 miles so far.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
NickNickNick
 
Drives: 06 Silver Yaris 3-door Manual
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 96
Quote:
What mileage do you have on your car Nick? I have not even come close to that yet
I have about 8200km on my car. I got the oil changed at just over 7000km for the first time, and I check my tire pressure once a week with an expensive digital gauge, making certain the air is always exactly 2.2 BAR. I fill up exclusively at Shell and Co-op stations using 87 octane and my Mastercard, always down/upshift into 2nd gear when turning corners, and I always listen to 100.7FM radio.

If you do the same, you will get the same mileage.
NickNickNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
jcove
 
jcove's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Rogue
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNickNick
I have about 8200km on my car. I got the oil changed at just over 7000km for the first time, and I check my tire pressure once a week with an expensive digital gauge, making certain the air is always exactly 2.2 BAR. I fill up exclusively at Shell and Co-op stations using 87 octane and my Mastercard, always down/upshift into 2nd gear when turning corners, and I always listen to 100.7FM radio.

If you do the same, you will get the same mileage.

LMAO, that's what's wrong, I don't listen to 100.7.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #10
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
LMAO, that's what's wrong, I don't listen to 100.7.
huh. 100.7, isn't that the multi-language stations? It have effect on milage????

Bahahahahaahahahahhahaahhaah
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #11
Dylanby
 
Drives: RS 5-DR
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: GTA
Posts: 113
For those who're getting >= decent mileage:
would you mind adding your $0.02 to the thread on Breaking in a new Yaris?

I should be getting mine next week & as it's my 1st new car I'm reading up on best "breaking" habits.
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:19 AM   #12
El Jefe
 
Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
Join Date: May 2006
Location: california uber alles! (sacramento)
Posts: 204
well i filled up today at 294miles, with 9.9gals = 29.7mpg! sweet and it'll only get better untill it fully breaks in
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:39 AM   #13
JaiTomato
 
JaiTomato's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 sedan-flint mica, 96VFR750
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hillsborough, NJ
Posts: 36
Just bought a sedan a few days ago. So far I have 350 miles and tank is still half.
JaiTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:05 AM   #14
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Update, half a tank or so,

306 clicks / 23.5 Litre = 7.68 Liters/100clicks.

Mostly city. probably 90/10 city/hwy.

Could Air/Con be that much of a factor? I had it all almost all the time since it's quite hot lately.
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #15
bikergal
 
bikergal's Avatar
 
Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv

Could Air/Con be that much of a factor? I had it all almost all the time since it's quite hot lately.

Hot in Canada?? In May?
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #16
Island Boy
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
Hot in Canada?? In May?
In Victoria BC right now at 9:00am its only 54F, but by 3-4pm it'll be around 65F, but Mon, Tue and Wed is forecast to be around 80F, which is about normal for mid May.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #17
bikergal
 
bikergal's Avatar
 
Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Boy
In Victoria BC right now at 9:00am its only 54F, but by 3-4pm it'll be around 65F, but Mon, Tue and Wed is forecast to be around 80F, which is about normal for mid May.

Wow.. okay.... I didn't realize it gets that warm there
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #18
Island Boy
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
Wow.. okay.... I didn't realize it gets that warm there
If you Google Victoria, BC you'll see that we even have palm tree's, the "Great White North" is a misnomer used by people that have never been to southern BC.
P.S. 99% of us don't speak french either.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.