![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Obsessed with 1.5L
Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 908
|
got 51.98mpg last tank...i kinda killed some of it on my last commute home, i kinda had to rush to catch a store before it closed & i got out of work late...but this proves the car prefers the stock exhaust for best fuel economy
__________________
-Greg...the Exhaust Freak. -10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD -06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD -82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap -97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31 -96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX -96 Tercel 4dr |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Quote:
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Obsessed with 1.5L
Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 908
|
Quote:
i thought i was going to pick up mainly from running a 100cell race cat versus the 2 400cell cats our cars get...i guess i was wrong that being said...the car was definetly faster on the top end the few times i did floor it with my custom exhaust...but i didn't buy this car to race it
__________________
-Greg...the Exhaust Freak. -10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD -06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD -82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap -97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31 -96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX -96 Tercel 4dr |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Quote:
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
"LibertyRides!"
Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: State College, PA, USA
Posts: 576
|
Quote:
![]() I took a 300+ trip on that gas fill (52.746 MPG) and drove 45-50 MPH on rural highways and some open interstates. I was suprised that I was able to get over 50 MPG on the tank using ethanol now. With all my other + 50's I was using non-ethanol. I changed my driving technique a bit to compensate for the loss of energy using ethanol gas. I also use a stabilizer for the ethanol...1/2 to 1 oz. You get around 1-3 MPG less using ethanol blend than RBOB gas. On this present tank I'm taking another shorter trip this week. So far my first 'bar' I got 120 mi and the second was 70 mi! Better than last fill-up. We will see if I can get two in a row... ![]() Cheers!
__________________
~ Mark ~ 2010 Yaris 3-Dr Liftback, 5-Speed Manual, P185/60R 15, Bayou Blue Pearl I Love my YARIS Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal "The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Obsessed with 1.5L
Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 908
|
i was thinking about switching out my main muffler for a DynoMax VT valved muffler...but fuck it, i'm just going to keep the car stock
__________________
-Greg...the Exhaust Freak. -10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD -06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD -82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap -97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31 -96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX -96 Tercel 4dr |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
odds are everything in the market is going to hurt the bottom end. I think there was an intake that actually added to the bottom end, but that's it. Odds are everything else is going to hurt gas mileage without thousands of hours of research and development.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Obsessed with 1.5L
Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 908
|
Quote:
your telling me stuff i already know, i do this for a living
__________________
-Greg...the Exhaust Freak. -10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD -06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD -82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap -97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31 -96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX -96 Tercel 4dr |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan, 4-spd auto Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 12
|
2007 Yaris Sedan (base) auto (gross) 55k mi
37.34 mpg 30% street, 70% highway |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
Woohoo, a new best for me. I try a little, but not too much and got 43.88 last tank. Way to Ruby!!( Cars name....Mediterranean Mica red, in Kansas..kinda looks like ruby slipper.....)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 5 door hatch w/5 sp man. Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coventry, CT
Posts: 160
|
Quote:
I started out just wanting to average 40 MPG but when I see what some others are getting I want MORE. It will take a while to get my lifetime average up to 40.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris sedan Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Keremeos BC
Posts: 986
|
Just got back from a long trip, mountainous terrain, not many passed us. 500km on 27l of fuel, 3 tanks. I'm happy with the mileage, thanks.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
Guess I should post so I can see my avg now. didnt look at gassavers.org when I put the fil up in,lol
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Obsessed with 1.5L
Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 908
|
i wanna know how you guys are getting low 40s...i literally have to drive the crap out of mine to get low 40s...
__________________
-Greg...the Exhaust Freak. -10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD -06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD -82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap -97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31 -96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX -96 Tercel 4dr |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 5 door hatch w/5 sp man. Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coventry, CT
Posts: 160
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | ||
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Quote:
Quote:
The top few guys here drive like 99.99% of people would never even dream of, never mind actually want to. It is unrealistic for most people in most situations, as 1 lives in an extremely rural area, and another drives through extremely mountainous regions every day. Getting over 40 mpg is a great achievement in this car without modifications.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 865
|
What do you mean zero regard for minimum speeds? or Safety?
I can break 45mpg without a thought. I drive in a relatively populated suburban area with relatively flat ground. I'm not showing off the 45. 45 was what I got before I knew anything about hypermiling. It's the number I hit when I first got the car. And 45 is what led me to googling everything up, that and at the time Bryan (up north) was posting rather consistently. I don't remember his handle- he is the one who drives in the mountains. If you're driving while pretending that there is a CHP Officer watching your every move, ie within the law, you will break 45. Lastly I do understand that people in more colder regions have more trouble. So make it 40 for you guys. *gets off his soap box.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris sedan Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Keremeos BC
Posts: 986
|
We have nothing BUT mountains around here, still mileage is fine. I don't hypermile, my only concession to FE is higher pressure in the tires.
Another problem is the BS factor; not us, but them. Anyone driving another make of vehicle that claims our FE is likely cheating or lying; either way, depend on their claim being untrue. NOBODY in our neighbourhood is getting as good FE as we are. If you aren't getting the mileage you expected, either there is something wrong with your car, or your driving techniques, simple as that. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|