Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-01-2007, 05:19 AM   #37
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
That, and the fact that they have to keep in mind the buyers who have no experience in cars or car maintenance, who expect a car to run reliably for 10 years (an image which certainly helps Toyota), if Toyota were to tweak it here and there, reliability may suffer, some parts may break down or overheat faster, heck some owners may never ever change their air filter (I've seen it...), or ignore the oil changes (why do you think only the USDM cars have a "It's time for an oil change!" idiot light?), but the car has to keep working through these horrible conditions. There's always a compromise somewhere, and thus there's always a bit of extra power to be squeezed out of a stock car...
Point taken. Why not offer a higher performance version with less of a warranty?

In the instances you listed, the warranty would be voided, so why would the manufacturer care? It still behooves the manufacturer to produce the most dependable, highest power, most inexpensive car around the majority of the time...if there is anything left to "be squeezed out of a stock car", it's going to decrease one of the above. While I consider myself intelligent, I think the engineers working for Toyota are more so. Thus, I don't think I can make my Yaris more than slightly more powerful without significantly impacting the other 2 focuses, price and dependability...

These foci change depending on the intended uses of a car. If you buy a performance car, you probably intend to use/increase the performance of the car, damn the consequences. Price and dependability go down...
Old 09-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #38
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
jdium... you are the king of broken links, none of your pix show up ever for some reason.....
here is your smiley
Old 09-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #39
John_v63400

Drives: 2007 Yaris 4dr. S
Where is the chart
John_v63400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #40
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
jdium... you are the king of broken links, none of your pix show up ever for some reason.....
here is your smiley
That's weird. They show up when I post them, then disappear the next day...and the one in my sig is from the same web site...
Old 09-02-2007, 06:27 AM   #41
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
.... Whats going on?
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #42
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisdarkness View Post
the parts i have installed are the
trd axle back exhaust version s
aem cold air intake
nst crank pulley
dc headers w/header wrap
greddy oil catch can
apexi grounding kit
espiler springs
c one front and rear upper strut bars
cusco 4 point front underbrace
middle and rear lower braces
apexi tach
apr canards and windsplitter
carbon fiber spoiler

i will post up a video of the dyno hopefully tonight so what does everyone think the car will achieve its getting dyno tuned and finding the most gains for the grounding kit. Also to note the car will be on a mustang dyno. So i just wanted everyone opinion what you guys think i would achieve
thanks
Mike
the only real power mods are the intake, header, and exhaust (and debateably the ground wires?)

the crank pulley just allows the engine to rev quicker than with a stock, heavier pulley

im surprised at the 103whp number though....thats pretty good considering that at 106bhp thats about 92whp stock......so pretty good gains for what youve got

cant wait to see the dyno sheets...
Old 09-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #43
cdmyaris

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
lalalala no dyno and still you go on yarisworld.com sometimes....