Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #19
captainm27

Drives: 2008 Sedan A/T Silver
Yeah, I do think I overpaid.....

NJ is a very expensive place to live..... everything is going up, yeah, also, you know, I kinda wanted the car right then and there. If I was smart, I would've shopped around, and gone to different dealers.....

...but you know....the car was right there....you know.....the Yaris....yeah!!

But I am happy with the car itself. Most fuel efficient vehicle ever!
captainm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
tetzyamis
'09 5dr

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Bayou Blue
Wow..., I didn't know Toyota charges more than MSRP.
I think all I paid was MSRP+$195 or so doc fee+Tax.
So many fees your dealer charged...
Old 11-16-2008, 03:03 AM   #21
Shora
302HP 318Trq

Drives: Mercury Marauder (2003)
Not a good deal.

I am about to close a deal on an 09 automatic 5 door LB for $15,000.00 out the door. I tell the dealers;

"I don't care how you brake down all the costs and I don't care if you tell me that you will end up losing money. Give me your best price AND I AM STILL going to the next dealer. I will be back ONLY if your deal was best for ME."

Yes, I have this deal in writing with vin and all. That is the price with tax, tag, dealer fees etc. From what you told us, it seems like you will end up paying over $24K.

Oh, the only reason I am holding out is because I kinda like the FIT also but I am not sure I want to pay much more for it.
Shora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:12 AM   #22
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
I paid 14500 for the exact same car and same model same options just a few months ago. Who pays sticker price?
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:42 AM   #23
Jack Reacher

Drives: 08 Yaris sdn
Dont ever buy any "protection plans" or extended warranties. My dealer told me I was nuts for nut buying a warranty. Isn't one of toyota's selling points how reliable they are? You over paid but your young and chalk it up as a lesson learned. Next time use your head and don't be so impatient and you can find a better deal.
Jack Reacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Ignore all the comments - as long as you can make your payments and you're happy with
your car, just enjoy your brand new car.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
Dealers should be ashamed of themselves for adding on the 1000 dollars to the price !!!!!!!!!!!! Also, the registration/title fees of 289. looks like he added a few dollars profit.
I would go back to the dealer and make a stink that it was so unfair of them to take advantage of you. I would push for some mods or upgrades.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #26
Jack Reacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ignore all the comments - as long as you can make your payments and you're happy with
Whats wrong with giving the OP advice about buying the car and pointing out where mistakes may have been made? I dont think anyone was nasty
Old 11-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #27
yogi

Drives: '10 4dr sedan auto
Well so far I've got quoted $15792.03 and 16k OTD prices on '09 m/t sedan with power package. Maybe I should just get base model with cruise.
yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #28
Jack Reacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
Well so far I've got quoted $15792.03 and 16k OTD prices on '09 m/t sedan with power package. Maybe I should just get base model with cruise.
Now would be the time to get the deals on the 08's. It's always a good idea to get cruise because it will help your mpg if you use it. Also, you might be able to get a better equipped 08 for the same or cheaper than a lessor 09. I got a base sedan with power and side airbags at a pretty good deal last month.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #29
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
Ouch!!! Hope you really, really like the car... Not casting stones, though; it's a jungle out there... I'm just glad the ordeal is behind me... I feel I did well buying the exact model I wanted (well, a few bells-and-whistles I didn't want, but the trim and color I wanted; Meteorite Metallic 3-door liftback with automatic transmission) in a NEW '08; just a few miles on it; an hour away...

Walked out the door for $13,700 -- tax, license, everything included...

But if it makes you feel any better, I totally UNDERSOLD myself in a private sale on my old car (2000 Suzuki Swift automatic hatchback); it has some dents and needs some repairs, but I accepted just $1,000 and now people are telling me I could've gotten $2,000 easily... Don't look back, is my only advice (for the both of us)...

Enjoy your Yaris!!! Call it your "Million Dollar Baby"...

Last edited by otterhere; 11-17-2008 at 10:50 AM.
otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #30
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
Whats wrong with giving the OP advice about buying the car and pointing out where mistakes may have been made? I dont think anyone was nasty
You're right. Though I never said anyone was nasty, I should've said, "do a little more research on your next purchase and you'll know if you got a good deal on it."
Either way, it's bought, so enjoy the new car!
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #31
drummerboy2004

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB Auto
You can save all that money back over the years if you hypermile or just drive conservatively... I have calculated a rough estimate of 3-4 thousand in savings over ten years in mine because of getting 45-48 MPG instead of 29-31... My miles are usually all city...

Hope this helps...

Matt
Old 11-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #32
captainm27

Drives: 2008 Sedan A/T Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousPups4U View Post
I would never pay over MSRP and then all the added stuff, too? What is vehicle protection plan and documentary fee and you paid $19 for them to run your credit? $1200 for sales tax (I know that's set), but we only pay $300 max in SC.

Glad I don't live in NJ.

The important thing is that you are happy with your car though.
Yeah, I am very happy with the car! At least that brings me great comfort!

Quote:
Were you aware of the extra $1000 or did the salesperson ask you to sign without the explanation? It does seem a little high, but how much is tax in NJ (8%)?
$294/month x 75 months - wow. I hope you pay off this thing soon or your grand total after you complete your payments will be like $25,000 for that car.
You know, now that I think about it, it was all a blur, I can't even remember, it's just, I was like so excited, my first new car.....oh man, should've looked around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydisrock View Post
I paid sticker and thought I over paid.
My buddy paid $10,000 over sticker for his zo6 vette.
I personally wouldn't pay over sticker for any vehicle,might as well just move up to a nicer vehicle,but It's too late now,don't sweat the $1000.
woah!! $10,000 over sticker??? Goodness Gracious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Pie #2 View Post
You could of bought a fully loaded Corrolla for that price, ouch. I only paid $13,700 for mine.
That's a great price!! I was thinking about Corolla, but something inside me burned for the Yaris....at that time, gas was $4.00, and I wanted the most fuel efficient thing, besides a prius, which the dealer told me had a 4 month waiting list.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
I paid 14500 for the exact same car and same model same options just a few months ago. Who pays sticker price?
Does that include the taxes, plates, registrations, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
Dont ever buy any "protection plans" or extended warranties. My dealer told me I was nuts for nut buying a warranty. Isn't one of toyota's selling points how reliable they are? You over paid but your young and chalk it up as a lesson learned. Next time use your head and don't be so impatient and you can find a better deal.
....yeah....

Quote:
I am able to make the payments, and even more in fact too..., and yes, I am happy with my Yaris!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Ouch!!! Hope you really, really like the car... Not casting stones, though; it's a jungle out there... I'm just glad the ordeal is behind me... I feel I did well buying the exact model I wanted (well, a few bells-and-whistles I didn't want, but the trim and color I wanted; Meteorite Metallic 3-door liftback with automatic transmission) in a NEW '08; just a few miles on it; an hour away...

Walked out the door for $13,700 -- tax, license, everything included...

But if it makes you feel any better, I totally UNDERSOLD myself in a private sale on my old car (2000 Suzuki Swift automatic hatchback); it has some dents and needs some repairs, but I accepted just $1,000 and now people are telling me I could've gotten $2,000 easily... Don't look back, is my only advice (for the both of us)...

Enjoy your Yaris!!! Call it your "Million Dollar Baby"...

Woah!!!! That is cheap!!! Yeah, well, I also made another booboo...... The reason I bought my Yaris, was cause my 1998 Camry needed a new engine.. Also, I was in a rush too, I was borrowing my brother's car to go to the dealers, and he needed his car back before 1:00pm.......so anyway I got rid of the camry......for...........ummm.............ok...... .I got rid of it ..... for ..... only.................$100!!

Quote:
You're right. Though I never said anyone was nasty, I should've said, "do a little more research on your next purchase and you'll know if you got a good deal on it."
Either way, it's bought, so enjoy the new car!
Yeah, I really learned my lesson!
captainm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #33
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
".......so anyway I got rid of the camry......for...........ummm.............ok...... .I got rid of it ..... for ..... only.................$100!!"

Okay... I feel better (about letting my old one go for $1k) now!!!!!!!!

otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #34
parce1992

Drives: yaris S hatchback 09
i bought my toyota yaris 4 door
I test drove it and i liked it more than the 3 door
also got an awsum deal (at least I think it is)
2.9 apr and it came out to be like a little less than 18000 with taxes and the gap and like platinum warranty (i think its called that)
i got a 08 4 door yaris black manual
power pack and a couple of fun stuff
also paid 400 less than msrp...
i'm pretty sure its a decent deal
parce1992 is offline   Reply With Quote