![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: toyota yaris yrs Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 642
|
NO! I aint happy wid it wanna dowse it with petrol and burn it. Nah, just kiddin ya'll lol. I wub it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,602
|
I still find myself looking over my shoulder at my yaris... am I the only one? lol, I just cant stop looking and smiling.... :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '08 Yaris Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dover, Ohio
Posts: 7,606
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southeast
Posts: 398
|
Quote:
I think it's plenty cute (and I'm so glad I opted for the '08 vs. the '09; not only was it cheaper, but for some reason, that just looks a bit CUTER???), and what I find I do more than anything is see another one on the road, think "What a cute car," then realize, "It's a Yaris!" But it's still too tall for my taste...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Mr. Sparkle
Drives: 09 white Yaris, 99 Z3 Coupe Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 19
|
I loved the Yaris from the first day I laid eyes on one. I finally have a fish of my own now.. :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris '09,GTi '09, BMW 3.30ci Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lebanon, Middle East.
Posts: 582
|
My yaris does 55MPG, if not more. I will look into it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southeast
Posts: 398
|
55 mpg? Sure you don't mean mph??? That's just hard to believe... Why would they advertise it at 36 hwy (or whatever was on the window sticker; I forget) if it routinely gets 40 or better (55 is quite a leap; that's as good as the Smart car in Europe)? I managed 34 mpg last fill-up; my best yet...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() |
My average is in the low 30s and thats all city. I do no highway driving. I guess with highway driving you could hit 40s.
To hit 50s my guess is a lot of hypermiling techniques. I don't think Toyota wants to advertise it for it's real mileage because it would steal sales away from the Prius. It'd be bad marketing, especially when the Prius is much more expensive. I'm not complaining, how often do you buy something that performs better than it was advertised? |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Blazing Blue Liftback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Port Angeles, Wa
Posts: 385
|
This is a cheap car, yes it's a Toyota but it's still a cheap econobox. If you expect anything more, maybe you should have bought a more expensive car.
I've put 37,000 miles on mine in 8 months, Never even had a flat tire. It get's 40-45 mpg every tank as long as I go the speed limit. It does everything it was designed to do. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: . Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 363
|
Very happy with mine so far. It was bought to be our second car, and to be more reliable than the car it replaced (and with lower cost of ownership, etc.). But from the start I was surprised at the fit and finish of it, how solid it feels, and how well it drives... while still being reliable and fuel efficient. It's growing on me more every day.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I'M SUPER HAPPY,
THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT "YARIS" IS THAT... I CAN'T HAVE A LB AND SEDAN AT THE SAME TIME! 2cts.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5 speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxborough, MA
Posts: 140
|
I really love mine too! Last night was the first time I got to really test it out in the snow. I was a bit disapointed at its traction starting in snow from a dead stop. I'm sure better tires would improve this but otherwise it handles great once moving! MY mileage dipped to it's lowest yet this tank. 38.2 mpg. It's been cold. Gotta fiigure out a way to get back up over 40mpg in the cold!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I live in the next town from you, and you know how much snow we got here more than 12 inches, I went out for a ride in 4-5 inches of snow on the roads, spoilers where just touching the snow. I had no problem! Snow tires make a big difference. I sold the OEM tires they where usless in wet/snow conditions. .
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '08 Yaris Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dover, Ohio
Posts: 7,606
|
Well, plus the EPA is an estimate from an outside source (not Toyota).
They say it's under 'normal conditions', in which they must drive pretty erratic because I have rarely hit under 40 on the highway. |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris, automatic Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 19
|
I'm happy with everything about the car except I wish I had bought the power package, may fault, and the milage -car's fault.
I get low 30's on highway and low 20's to mid 20's in town. Yes, I am a very frugal driver in town. Not as much on the highway. I'd still like to see high 30's though.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Liftback Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 21
|
I love it!
Hi, I recently got my Yaris and i love it.I've been wanting this car for so long and i fell in love with it from the first time i saw the Infomercial on TV.
It's so cute! So yes, i am very happy with my Yaris!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 643
|
was until the recent recall .
. Now gotta worry about the help screwing up or damaging something when / if taken in for fix . .
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 9 | 06-06-2017 12:51 AM |
| Yaris and Echo short shifters sale, $30 off! | TWM Performance | TWM Performance | 8 | 11-17-2008 02:23 PM |
| Test Drive: Yaris revolution | ketel0ne | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 0 | 08-04-2006 10:13 AM |