Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #19
Wayside

Drives: 07 yaris 5spd sdn
You will never regret getting a stick.

Can't say the same is true for buying an auto.

I think it would be great if you had to take your road test in a stick but that's just me.
Wayside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #20
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
I'm thinking about doing the same. I just got a call from my local dealer to inform me that they have a bayou blue liftback, manual, WITH the power package. As I've read here on the boards, these are vvvvvvveeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy hard to come by. The thing is, I can't drive a stick! I'm more than willing to learn, but I'd hate to beat up a new car. I'm going to go see the car in a bit. Should I take the plunge?!
YES. Take the plunge.

I learned stick on MY bayou blue hatchback manual, and it was fine. Couple days, and ur good.

Wasnt hard at all, and I dont think I really destoyed transmission either in the process, so I dont imagine you would.

DO IT! Buy that stick bayou!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #21
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
I'm thinking about doing the same. I just got a call from my local dealer to inform me that they have a bayou blue liftback, manual, WITH the power package. As I've read here on the boards, these are vvvvvvveeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy hard to come by. The thing is, I can't drive a stick! I'm more than willing to learn, but I'd hate to beat up a new car. I'm going to go see the car in a bit. Should I take the plunge?!

You lucky son of a.... Anyway as others are saying go for it!! You will learn faster cause this is your daily commute and your pretty much forced to learn if you know what i mean...don't worry about "breaking" anything, unless you really try, but my point is cars now a days are more durable, sticks in particular and I think clutches can take the heat if you know what I mean, but I'm not saying ride the clutch. I'm still learning but I probably would be very or decently good if I had a stick but I don't so I don't get the everyday practice and confidence I need to drive in traffic, once in awhile I get some practice so my friend you are lucky! Hey if you don't want the stick I'll take it! You know where to find me!

Good luck and keep us posted!!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #22
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
lol, i got a stick yaris to learn for sooner or later to be mine 350z :D
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #23
kaymm

Drives: Yaris Liftback 3dr (Silver)
The yaris is my first stick shift as well. I drove auto pretty much all my life. There are days when I regret getting stick (bumper to bumper traffice) but there are also times when I don't mind it.
kaymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #24
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
i dun mind bumper to bumper traffic with stick. u get used to driving stick and its like 2nd nature.. i had to move my bro's car out of the way so i can get my car out and when i started the car, i automatically was looking for the clutch and ended up putting my left foot on the brake pedal!
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #25
cute_lil_yaris

Drives: Polar White 2007 Yaris LB
My Polar White beauty has a manual transmission with the Power Package! Yeah...I had to wait a bit longer for that combo. But it is DEFINITELY worth it! I had the joy of learning how to drive a stick on an old little toyota pickup before getting my license many many moons ago. wow, was that an experience! ha ha. But I believe the Yaris (compared to that old pickup) will be REALLY easy to learn on. In fact, I will be teaching my fiance how to drive manual with my Yaris. BELIEVE ME, if I am comfortable enough to let him practice on my darling baby, I have faith that you can too! So i say..... Go For It!!!! You will be happy you did, I Promise!!! The Yaris is sooooooooooo much more fun to drive as a manual trans rather than auto! Plus its even a little more better on gas than the auto.
cute_lil_yaris is offline   Reply With Quote