Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #55
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZINBLUEVITZ View Post
i think the EX did it.....
I don't think he would have the balls to do it...but some of his friends would.

You're not the first to say that. Several of my friends here have suggested it, too....

I hope not. Really. But I can't rule it out, either.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #56
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
I doubt that I'd ever get mad enough or dumb enough to damage another person's car, but I wouldn't waste my time trying to break into a car hoping that I could find a toy to take away from that person, even though there are no visible toys...if I was mad I'd knife a tire or two, or three, and do a complete walkaround keying of the car; much more damage in under 30 seconds.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #57
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
I doubt that I'd ever get mad enough or dumb enough to damage another person's car, but I wouldn't waste my time trying to break into a car hoping that I could find a toy to take away from that person, even though there are no visible toys...if I was mad I'd knife a tire or two, or three, and do a complete walkaround keying of the car; much more damage in under 30 seconds.
So true. It just seems funny because this is the second time something like this has happend to my car since he left. No other cars in the parking lot were tampered with...either time.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #58
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
It is a tough thing...... if you have a blinking led light people may think you are protectiond something worth money...... if you get an alarm and it is shock sensative.... YOU WILL get false alarms too...... After the first few false alarms even you will ignore the noise.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #59
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
So did it happen during the day or at night? Is there parts of the parking lot (I assume you park regularly) that has high visibility like near the street? Maybe that would also help avoid future occurrences.

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #60
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
So true. It just seems funny because this is the second time something like this has happend to my car since he left. No other cars in the parking lot were tampered with...either time.
Sometimes I think it's just bad luck. For a longest time my house was the only one I noticed that was getting repeatedly egged, papered, mustard-n-fruitlooped, mailbox knocked down...after about the 10th time I finally just ripped the mailbox out of the ground and got a PO Box.

He is probably the most likely suspect, but hopefully it was just some kids being bad and it won't happen again.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #61
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
I had two friends back in the 80's the first of whom owned an 84 MR2. After the car was stolen twice in the first year, he had 4 120db horns installed in the car so that if anyone took it, their brains turned to mush. Unfortunately, it just increased the amount of vandalism done to the car.
The second friend owned a 66 chevy bel air that was a real bomb. It had rust and dings and dents, but that is not why it was a bomb. Arnie was a demolitions expert in Nam, and came back a little paranoid. We went to lunch one day and he cautioned me about putting my feet on the wooden box on the passengers side floor. Turns out, the reason he would turn his car off and on three times before he would drive away was to disarm the fuse on the block of C4 in the box.
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #62
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
So did it happen during the day or at night? Is there parts of the parking lot (I assume you park regularly) that has high visibility like near the street? Maybe that would also help avoid future occurrences.

Both times happened at night. Now I park in a different spot, one that puts me at more risk of door dings BUT, it directly under a lamp post so the yahoos can see inside and tell there isn't anything worth stealing.

Bob..wow...that's quite a story!!

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #63
enobmort42
First time DIYer

Drives: '07 LB Polar White
Send a message via AIM to enobmort42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobselectric View Post
Turns out, the reason he would turn his car off and on three times before he would drive away was to disarm the fuse on the block of C4 in the box.
yikes!

sorry to hear about the break in! when it happens to one yaris, we all feel the pain! :(