Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Drives: White Yaris Liftback 2 Dr. AT
Trying to get a Yaris LB

Hi, first I would like to introduce myself and congratulate all of those who are lucky enough to be already behind the wheel of a Yaris.

I've been shopping for a Liftback for a couple of weeks now with no luck, I have left a deposit at two dealerships with the hope of finding the car I want. Both say the car will be here at the end of the month but I think they are full of bull...

I live in NY where surprisingly there is no other choice but the "convenience" and all weather packages. I wonder what is wrong with Toyota. We New Yorkers are spoiled and would preffer to pay an extra grand or two to get what we want... Convenience!

Well, I tried a couple of dealers in PA who could get the car, loaded, but I would have to wait 3 to 4 months since it's a special order(Bummer)... So I decided to leave it to my local dealers.

Guys, I'm a little frustrated, do you really have to wait a long time to get a liftback? Is Toyota's supply that low? Are these dealers in NY just trying to keep my deposit money? One of them was supposed to call me today to confirm that they are getting my Yaris Shipped from Boston... It's 7:10PM and they close at 8 so I call for BS!
W.A.S.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Silver Liftback
what options do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.S.P
Hi, first I would like to introduce myself and congratulate all of those who are lucky enough to be already behind the wheel of a Yaris.

Well, I tried a couple of dealers in PA who could get the car, loaded, but I would have to wait 3 to 4 months since it's a special order(Bummer)... So I decided to leave it to my local dealers.

Guys, I'm a little frustrated, do you really have to wait a long time to get a liftback? Is Toyota's supply that low? Are these dealers in NY just trying to keep my deposit money? One of them was supposed to call me today to confirm that they are getting my Yaris Shipped from Boston... It's 7:10PM and they close at 8 so I call for BS!
What options are you looking for on your Yaris LB?
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Hi! Right now a plain one since the wait is too long for the one with package C.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Toyota is haphazardly shipping Yarii over to the West coast, where they begin to filter through the country.

By the time they cross the Mississippi, they are few and far between. There really is no wait time set in stone for a bare stock Yaris, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. For a loaded Yaris, the 3-4 months sounds on the conservative side. I was to understand the wait could be 6 months. I was lucky enough to stumble upon one and buy it on the spot, and even I had to steal it from someone else by paying a little over sticker. There have been a lot of stories of people demanding this and that on their Yaris, but after someone explains the situation to them they find a stock liftback 20 miles away the next day and buy it.

My best advice is look EVERYWHERE and you will eventually find one. Be prepared to settle for less than what you wanted.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Hi and welcome!
Unfortunately your story isn't new, with such a high demand for the car I think dealers are taking that to their advantage. And liftbacks are indeed a rare breed, at least for now.
I wish you luck and keep us posted! Post pictures of your car when you get it!

Old 09-13-2006, 12:50 AM   #6
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'll be waiting for my plain LB and see if I can do the power mods little by little over the winter. I'm also eyeballing those 18" ans17" wheels some have managed to fit on their cars, but that will be after the winter.
The Yaris is by far my favorite hatchback; I considered the Honda FIT, but it's kind of ugly, the Aveo, but boring and cheap looking(Even more than the Yaris), the Versa(?) Haven't seen one, and the Civic Coupe, which is not a hatch back, and more expensive than the ones mentioned above... The Civic is still on my list though, The Golfs are out of the Question because of reliability issues and $$$$$
Old 09-14-2006, 12:47 AM   #7
H8SGAS

Drives: Black Liftback
Yeah I was looking for a power package in NY as well since my Wrangler lacked it too but was told I'd already be looking at 3ish months for a manual and as per the dealers zero were slated to be shipped to our market in the next 6 months. After some thought and reading some posts on here concerning opinions on power I decided against it. So I proceeded with ordering and waiting for about three months. Minus not having the sweet totally flat folding and reclining rear seat I'm very happy with my decision. As far as the seats, I'll rip them out of a totaled liftback one of these days.
H8SGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:58 AM   #8
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I went to PA to get mine with a power package and waited about 3 weeks. I'm glad I waited and got what I really wanted. Good luck!
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #9
Bidoup

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 3dr BB
Well I ordered mine on july 2nd and received it on july 7th, i wanted a blazing blue but the wait time was 2 months, dealer find a bayou blue in the quebec city area so i took this one and waited only 1 week beore it get to gatineau :)
Bidoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #10
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
We the help of another member I finally figured out that only certain regions have an inventory list on buyatoyota.com. But I was surprised to see when I put in area code 30301 (Southeast region) there was 473 Yaris available. Looks like inventory is increasing?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:45 PM   #11
VidKidz

Drives: 1997 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Toyota is haphazardly shipping Yarii over to the West coast, where they begin to filter through the country.
The red LB that I looked at the other day had port of entry on the window sticker listed as Newark, NJ.
VidKidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #12
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Harumph... well I was told by a Toyota dealership owner in June that the Yaris was only coming in through Cali. Maybe things have changed since then, or maybe even the dealers are in the dark on this one.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #13
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Mine came through Newark in May. Salespeople make shit up for a living.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #14
DonnyRebel
1st Time Toyota Owner

Drives: 2007 Meteorite Yaris Liftback
Cool custom order???? yeah..........right............next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.S.P
I'm a little frustrated, do you really have to wait a long time to get a liftback? Is Toyota's supply that low? Are these dealers in NY just trying to keep my deposit money?
the way most people are dealin with it is, you buy the color and transmission you want "off-the-truck". that is to say, take what you can get (what's comin on the next truck) and then just add the stuff you want ala carte (DIY or dealer installed).

at least thats what i'm doin.
so far its workin out.

"Clown Car" - 07 3dr Yaris
"Redneck Roadster" - 04 Chevy SSR
"Wife's Ride" - 03 Honda Accord EX
DonnyRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #15
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Silver Liftback
It took me 40 days to get my 5 speed Yaris HB. Color Medium Silver. Port of entry was Newark, NJ.
Got the Convenience Pkg, All-Weather Pkg, Pref. Accessory Pkg. I have only had the car for 24 hours, but I must say I really like it!
Purchased it from Peruzzu Toyota, Hatfield, PA
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:52 AM   #16
jeff_o

Drives: 07 Yaris
Send a message via ICQ to jeff_o Send a message via MSN to jeff_o Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_o
correct me if i'm wrong but the convenience package does not come with power windows nor side mirrors right? Gosh i can't believe car manufacturers still product units w/o pow windows. tsk tsk.
jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #17
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
correct me if i'm wrong but the convenience package does not come with power windows nor side mirrors right? Gosh i can't believe car manufacturers still product units w/o pow windows. tsk tsk.
IMO, power anything just adds more chance of something breaking during the life of the car. those electronic motors aren't cheap when they break. i'll never buy an econo-box with power options...it's just not worth it, again, IMO.
tekmoe is offline   Reply With Quote