Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Question for people with ScanGauges

What's the highest throttle position that you've seen on the ScanGauge while at WOT?
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
70%
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
LtNoogie

Ok, I thought I was at WOT and the most I saw was 66%. I was looking for 100% but I guess that's not the case. I was thinking do I have to push the pedal through the firewall to get 100%?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Ok, I thought I was at WOT and the most I saw was 66%. I was looking for 100% but I guess that's not the case. I was thinking do I have to push the pedal through the firewall to get 100%?
drill a little hole in the throttle body and run a cable to manually open the butterfly flange to 100%, lol, like a little pull knob on the dash.

JK
Old 05-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
LtNoogie

I am making videos of the data. Should be ready shortly.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
drill a little hole in the throttle body and run a cable to manually open the butterfly flange to 100%
Pretty close to what I did.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
50MPGDream

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 93 Camaro
I just wanted to clarify the TPS readout is not a %. (i've never been at WOT in this car so i have no real contribution to the OP (I'm generally around 21-23 on the TPS readout :) ))
Old 05-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
LtNoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MPGDream View Post
I just wanted to clarify the TPS readout is not a %. (i've never been at WOT in this car so i have no real contribution to the OP (I'm generally around 21-23 on the TPS readout :) ))
It can be interpreted several ways.

From the ScanGaugeII manual:

"In some vehicles, a closed throttle will read 0 and full throttle will read 100. Other vehicles will have a higher value than 0 for a closed throttle and an open throttle value less than 100."

From my Dyno-Scan manual:

"the absolute throttle position (not the relative or learned) throttle position. Usually above 0% at idle and less than 100% at full throttle."
Old 05-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
81% is the max i can get ,
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
TOUGEghost
Mr. Clean

Drives: 2009 Yaris S 3-Door
Mine says 80% max, but I did visually confirm that the throttle plate is actually wide open.
TOUGEghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
LtNoogie

Oh, that's interesting that the throttle plate is wide open. I thought that maybe WOT was calibrated for some lesser opening.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #12
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I don't remember for sure, but I don't think that's a percentage, it's a count.

The ECU is measuring the voltage being returned by the pedal position sensor. Think of it as 0 = 0v, 2 = .1 volts, 4 = .2 volts... and 80 = 4 volts. Those are just guesses, but it's probably something along those lines, as it's likely a 5 volt circuit.

Don't assume that because it's not reading 100 that you're not getting 100% actuation, as that is not how it works.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote