Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
goku87

Drives: Black HB
I want stiffer suspension, not so much lowering.

Sometimes while you are driving down the road in Alaska you are able to let go of the steering wheel and the car will drive itself. Why? The ruts in the road are so deep they keep the wheels going in the right direction. These same ruts, when crossing an intersection, allow for some good air time since you are going at them perpendicularly.

Do they make non-lowering springs? Haha, I kid. But seriously, I just want a suspension that doesn't feel like the car is rolling so much when I take a corner, but I don't want to lower my car so that I drag everywhere (due to the ruts). Any suggestions?
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
track down a shop that makes custom springs... there is a shop in my area that will make custom springs for a vehicle, just tell them what you want, send in your old springs for comparison, they want about $700/axle on my 2001 echo for the same purpose... i also am going stiffer without lowering...

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd
use aftermarket springs with small drop, then use spacers, i believe they're available form jcwhitney. or, place blocks in the factory springs. that's a bad idea. but it'll work.
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd
actually, i don't know if it'll work. but it'll stiffen the spring rate. and napa does carry them. it'll also put extra stress on the rest of the spring. but the spacers will work.
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Eibach makes a stiffer spring that only lowers 1". There are also other non-lowering add-ons you could do. A rear sway bar, rear link bar, underbracing, and a front strut tower bar help.

For the best bang for your buck, go with the rear sway bar. The others help, but that sway bar makes the biggest impact.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
there's a thread here called "racing suspension" .. talk to kngrsll about stiffer springs. or have me build you some coilovers. stiffer shocks/struts will do more for you than stiffer springs.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
i would get really stiff shocks (like the Tokico HTS or maybe blues) and a sway bar.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #8
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Start with the rear sway bar...

Then, if is not enough for your need, get the Tokico blues... and leave the OE springs alone...
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote