Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #163
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
We try to give you facts, Kal-El, but clearly they are coming form the wrong source for you to absorb. I had a stroke: total time before treatment, from the time I walked into the hospital, less than 10 minutes. Long wait? Same thing with anyone else I have spoken to: life-threatening or dibilitating injuries are treated right away, every time, using whatever means possible. Our problems here have to do with very long distances between places and poor weather conditions.

Do we have people waiting for electives? Sure we do, but getting treatment does NOT have anything to do with one's credit status! Why is that such a problem? If you are alright, that seems to be fine; anyone else without the financing, well, they can just die on the street... Lovely attitude.

I spent many years helping with the handicapped, making very little money; because I didn't go for the gold, I suppose I have no right to medical attention when I need it.... silly me....
Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #164
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Guys, we can argue all we want but please keep it civil. I hold no grudges against those with opposing viewpoints despite how frustrated I get. Try to keep name calling to a minimum. One day this will all blow over. You know, after we have single-payer coverage.
I agree - name calling is below the belt. If I have, I won't continue.

And this will never blow over lol there is a reason that different parties were made in the first place, since the dawn of time people have always thought differently from one another
Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #165
2+2

Drives: 09 3Dr Manual
Too funny. Copied the following from Woot.com Good one Woot!

Town Holler
Uh, no, sir, I don’t even know what an Illuminati is. Now, let me dispel some of the myths and rumors going around about what exactly this Acer desktop computer will do.

First things first: it will not kill your grandmother. Unless maybe it falls on her from a moderate height. Or if someone throws it into her bath while it’s plugged in. Let me be clear: I do not support that. Acer does not support that. Nobody supports that. I think we can all agree that grandmas are nice.

Sir – sir, please, if you’ll – no, that’s not the sound of a black helicopter. It’s just the gymnasium’s air conditioning kicking on.

Others, located somewhat closer to reality, say that our children and grandchildren will be paying for these computers forever. They say that Woot can’t possibly deliver a compact but powerful desktop PC with dual-core 2.4Ghz processor, 4GB of memory, and 640GB hard drive for just $299. I say there’s some truth to that. It will actually cost another five dollars to get it to your door. If you need your kids to pay for that, maybe they could get a paper route or something. Just for a week, that’d probably do it.

Please, people, put down that burning trash can. That’s not helpful to this dialogue.

Finally, there’s this crazy rumor going around about how this Acer desktop PC was actually born in Kenya as the secret love child of Malcolm X and the Dixie Chicks, and was sent to America by the communists to smash democracy, impose Sharia law, hand over General Motors to the Arabs, destroy the American right to choose between two different high def 23 inch monitors and wipe boogers in Glenn Beck’s Cheerios. All I can say to that is, you’re going to need some serious psychological counseling and probably medication. Hope your health insurance will cover it.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #166
mo_feezy

Drives: 08 Yaris S Sedan AT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2 View Post
Too funny. Copied the following from Woot.com Good one Woot!

Town Holler
Uh, no, sir, I don’t even know what an Illuminati is. Now, let me dispel some of the myths and rumors going around about what exactly this Acer desktop computer will do.

First things first: it will not kill your grandmother. Unless maybe it falls on her from a moderate height. Or if someone throws it into her bath while it’s plugged in. Let me be clear: I do not support that. Acer does not support that. Nobody supports that. I think we can all agree that grandmas are nice.

Sir – sir, please, if you’ll – no, that’s not the sound of a black helicopter. It’s just the gymnasium’s air conditioning kicking on.

Others, located somewhat closer to reality, say that our children and grandchildren will be paying for these computers forever. They say that Woot can’t possibly deliver a compact but powerful desktop PC with dual-core 2.4Ghz processor, 4GB of memory, and 640GB hard drive for just $299. I say there’s some truth to that. It will actually cost another five dollars to get it to your door. If you need your kids to pay for that, maybe they could get a paper route or something. Just for a week, that’d probably do it.

Please, people, put down that burning trash can. That’s not helpful to this dialogue.

Finally, there’s this crazy rumor going around about how this Acer desktop PC was actually born in Kenya as the secret love child of Malcolm X and the Dixie Chicks, and was sent to America by the communists to smash democracy, impose Sharia law, hand over General Motors to the Arabs, destroy the American right to choose between two different high def 23 inch monitors and wipe boogers in Glenn Beck’s Cheerios. All I can say to that is, you’re going to need some serious psychological counseling and probably medication. Hope your health insurance will cover it.
i love woot.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #167
TLyttle

French-Canadian or not, there are major flaws in his information; maybe he has spent too much time in the US.

Wait times for The Brits were bad in the 80s, the UK Government admits that, but according to the news yesterday, that is no longer the case. Talking to a few Brits would clear that up (don't depend on Rush to give the facts, he's having too much fun inventing stuff), and my recent conversations have not indicated untoward delays.

Lastly, name-calling, or personal insults, only show up when logic fails. If someone attacks me instead of the point, I automatically know I am winning the argument.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #168
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
I think we can all agree that factcheck.org is a pretty reputable resource, correct? Well they just released an article today about seven pretty big falsehoods people ON BOTH SIDES have about healthcare...

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/sev...t-health-care/

For those of you not into reading, here's a list of the seven falsehoods:

False: Government Will Decide What Care I Get (a.k.a. they won’t give grandma a hip replacement)

False: The Bill Is Paid For

False: Private Insurance Will Be Illegal

False: The House Bill Requires Suicide Counseling

False: Families Will Save $2,500

False: Medicare Benefits Will Be Slashed

False: Illegal Immigrants Will Be Covered

Don't believe it? Click the link. The evidence is there. Srsly.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #169
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Good stuff!
Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #170
mo_feezy

thank you. unfortunately, evidence only seems to make convictions firmer for a small segment of our society, especially when the evidence contradicts them.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #171
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
For those of you that listen to or watch Glenn Beck... you owe it to yourselves to watch this. http://www.indecisionforever.com/200...are-hypocrisy/

Don't ever again believe a word that comes out of his mouth.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #172
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
schooled!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlZE...eature=related
Old 08-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #173
TLyttle

Hahaa! No comment on the 180, one doesn't have to be Quebecer or any other nationality to pull that...

Please show me ANY country that has a perfect anything, never mind something as complicated as a medical system. Of course Canada doesn't have a perfect system, but according to my own personal experiences and direct information, Canada's system is far better than the US. I have yet to experience the European systems, but according to stats, they, too, are miles ahead of the US. Why is it that no one able to look at these stats from an objective point of view? Why is it that Americans fear any kind of social program in case it is seen as small-c communism?? They are surrounded by small-c communism in their every day life, but don't even recognise it as such? They are faced with the least effective, most expensive medical system in the free world, and cannot see a better way? Seems apparent that the middle men are winning their PR battle, selling a load of rubbish to Americans. The rich get richer (HMOs, Pharmas, etc) and the poor die on the streets: nice plan...
Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #174
2+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Hahaa! No comment on the 180, one doesn't have to be Quebecer or any other nationality to pull that...

Please show me ANY country that has a perfect anything, never mind something as complicated as a medical system. Of course Canada doesn't have a perfect system, but according to my own personal experiences and direct information, Canada's system is far better than the US. I have yet to experience the European systems, but according to stats, they, too, are miles ahead of the US. Why is it that no one able to look at these stats from an objective point of view? Why is it that Americans fear any kind of social program in case it is seen as small-c communism?? They are surrounded by small-c communism in their every day life, but don't even recognise it as such? They are faced with the least effective, most expensive medical system in the free world, and cannot see a better way? Seems apparent that the middle men are winning their PR battle, selling a load of rubbish to Americans. The rich get richer (HMOs, Pharmas, etc) and the poor die on the streets: nice plan...
Very well put. The ruling class in the US has a real talent for pushing the buttons of the working classes and getting them to do their bidding. The S-word seems to work every time. I simply love watching the strings being pulled when they call the party that tries to look out for the poor - the "elite". Also, they seem to have a knack for word-smithing. I'm awed by how they renamed the "estate tax" to the "death tax". The guy that made that one up is probably still giggling to himself.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #175
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbXrSK_VfME

It's amazing how many people are falling for Obama's deception.

Here he is on tape on numerous occasions talking about how this step that they are pushing right now (for a "public option") is just a bridge to what they ultimately want - total single payer government control which is inevitable.

He openly admitted that the transition would take some time but gradual steps would lead to single payer which he DOES want regardless of the rhetoric he's currently spewing.

Since when does a monopoly decrease costs and improve quality and service?

I've never seen it.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #176
2+2

And right under the youtube "screen" there's "This is a video response to Alleged Barack Obama Kenya Birth Certificate Document Displayed" LOL Sorry - cheap shot but I couldn't resist. If you watch that with due skepticism you'll notice that the single payer quotes were from a long time ago. He's quite open about the fact that he now considers it unfeasible due to how entrenched the insurance companies and others are.

What do Republicans have against this man? He seems like a good guy. He seems to have an ok wife and a couple of cool kids. He's smart. He seems to want to do what's best for all Americans and not just the rich and what a nice change that is. What's wrong?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #177
mo_feezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbXrSK_VfME

It's amazing how many people are falling for Obama's deception.

Here he is on tape on numerous occasions talking about how this step that they are pushing right now (for a "public option") is just a bridge to what they ultimately want - total single payer government control which is inevitable.

He openly admitted that the transition would take some time but gradual steps would lead to single payer which he DOES want regardless of the rhetoric he's currently spewing.

Since when does a monopoly decrease costs and improve quality and service?

I've never seen it.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here, based on your use of the word deception, you think Obama was not born in the U.S., am I right?

You need to seriously consider finding new sources of news information. Focus on something that doesn't have a host who cries on the air regularly.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #178
JBougie
Banned

Have you read the bill? Actually READ the bill? I can sit there all day until I am red in the face that the damn bill says nothing about everyone receiving a flying purple pony - however, unless you READ that for yourself TAKE NO ONES WORD FOR IT because you might just be needing to get a stable to house your new flying purple pony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTimeOff View Post
I think we can all agree that factcheck.org is a pretty reputable resource, correct? Well they just released an article today about seven pretty big falsehoods people ON BOTH SIDES have about healthcare...

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/sev...t-health-care/

For those of you not into reading, here's a list of the seven falsehoods:

False: Government Will Decide What Care I Get (a.k.a. they won’t give grandma a hip replacement)

False: The Bill Is Paid For

False: Private Insurance Will Be Illegal

False: The House Bill Requires Suicide Counseling

False: Families Will Save $2,500

False: Medicare Benefits Will Be Slashed

False: Illegal Immigrants Will Be Covered

Don't believe it? Click the link. The evidence is there. Srsly.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #179
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_feezy View Post
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here, based on your use of the word deception, you think Obama was not born in the U.S., am I right?

You need to seriously consider finding new sources of news information. Focus on something that doesn't have a host who cries on the air regularly.
Now, not to be accused again of post skimming - but please explain to me how him stating that Obama is guilty of deception that would somehow mean that he doesn't believe Obama is a US Citizen.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #180
JBougie
Banned

Guess she just proved that she only thinks protests are OK when they are on the side of her agenda ....
http://www.breitbart.tv/06-flashback...of-disruptors/
Closed Thread