Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #19
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
Get your self a lawer if there is any injury. He is at fault and legal counsel can prove it . I still have problems with a rotor cuff that was torn in an accident 10 years ago. I got adequate compensation for the loss of my vehicle , but I should have dragged his ass through the fire for medical expense and personal compensation. Don't let the claims adjuster bullshit you .It is their job to talk you into taking as little money as possible. Half of what he says will be lies.
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #20
ecnal

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan AT
I'm in the process of talking to a lawyer.

And I ended up getting a Corolla. All they had for Yaris' in the 2door was automatic; actually, all they had was automatics. So I opted for a 2010 Corolla CE 5 speed. All in all, it ended up being cheaper than the Yaris was. I will never deal with Route 44 Toyota in Raynham, MA again. They rip you off.

Anyways. It's not exactly what I wanted, but that's okay. I guess you can't order a power windows/locks package with the CE. I figure winters coming, so all I really need are power locks and that's not hard at all to do; just need 150$ and a Saturday.
ecnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #21
SpaceShot

Drives: 2008 Yaris 5 speed HB
Unfortunately in the North East this is why you really need to look 2 or even 3 cars ahead of you.
If weather conditions don't get you, someone pulls a stupid move like trying to stop on a dime in the center lane.
For a while they were even catching insurance scammers staging accidents along the 495 corridor through Haverhill & Lawrence. They would purposefully force a rear ender like this with some old clunker, and hopefully get the insurance settlement before the DMV figured it out. The Lexus in front of you would have been a good mark.

Who knows if this was something intentional or just someone forgetting they were still on the freeway and the vehicles behind them are moving at 70+. Tough loss for your car, but that little thing took the hit from the guardrail and the big Lexus, and held up enough for you to walk away.

Perhaps consider a much brighter color for the new one? Or at least some really bright headlamps.

Good luck...
SpaceShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #22
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Glad to hear you're ok. Cars can be replaced!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #23
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceShot View Post
Perhaps consider a much brighter color for the new one? Or at least some really bright headlamps.

Good luck...
Hmmm. My old Yaris was bright freakin' red, and still got T-boned by a red light runner. New one is black. If they don't see you, you might as well be fluorescent cat-puke green - they STILL won't see you.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #24
yarr_is

Drives: yaris
wow that sucks... glad you're ok
yarr_is is offline   Reply With Quote