Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #37
Yariz
Banned

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
civic, lancer, g5/cobalt, fit, versa, corolla, and too many others to think about....o, there is one more...the smart car lol

any way, you got a lot more to go, you still got:
carpets
non-essencial glass can be changed to lexan or poly
carbon fiber or fiberglass door skins
CF hatch
headliner removed
door panels with sheetmetal or fiber
center console
lightweight seats
FG dash
radio and speakers, amp if you got it can go
excess wiring can be trimmed
wires re-routed and trimmed (instead of a switch on left and right side windows you can move to the center)
replace steel parts with aluminum
trim up control arms and knuckles...

there's tons of stuff you can still do to reduce weight. not saying any of it will be cheap or look good, but you still got a long way to go before you got no options left.

Not sure if you were talking to me. I don't care THAT much about weight, maybe if it was a 100% race car. But we all have our own preference, I personally think its very tacky to run around with plastic off, and carpet up if your using it as a daily driver.
Yariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #38
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
jsut a note, if anyone is looking to weigh their cars (in my area atleast) you can find a truck weigh station and go after hours, no one is there but the big scale still works :) lol. and aother place (also near me, you guys should be able to find a similar in ure area) are warhouses that sell stuff by weights. they take the trailer, weigh it first, then fill it up and weigh it again (same deal, after hours scale still works) lol.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:42 AM   #39
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
Quote:
Lol, mine was 11k new with everything except power windows/locks. The yaris is probably the funnest car to mod I have ever had. It all bolts on (pretty much), and the ODBII is so sensitive that it will prevent most people new to ODBII from ruining the car. I have changed the throttle body, the springs, put in a sway bar, Did a rear seat delete, also put in a CAI. The car hasn't even thrown a CEL (except first start) since I have done it. All this said, and I have probably spent a grand total of 250 bux. Name another new car you can do that with.
so you play with the throttle body ??? hmm what did that do ??
Quote:
Not sure if you were talking to me. I don't care THAT much about weight, maybe if it was a 100% race car. But we all have our own preference, I personally think its very tacky to run around with plastic off, and carpet up if your using it as a daily driver.
smooth mate but some people do :) i for one don't ;)
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #40
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yariz View Post
Have you weighed the car at any point during this? I have removed all you have expect the plastic (not worth the weight to make it that ugly), but I will say that removing all the seats/carpet/seatbelts/tire/jack, and some other little stuff made an enourmous difference.

I just wanted to weigh my car, and I am not sure of a good and cheap place.
a garbage dump. free.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #41
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post

there's tons of stuff you can still do to reduce weight. not saying any of it will be cheap or look good, but you still got a long way to go before you got no options left.
id isn't trying to lose weight, honestly i think he just enjoys driving a rattle-bucket around. keep the speakers and stereo, but take off door panels to save weight?

I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:48 AM   #42
id3379
§†ęĄ¶‡Ћ-NCP96

I'm glad no one on this site is mature.
id3379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:11 AM   #43
xbr3akd0wnx
Meow

Drives: 2008 Yaris, White Hatchback
Quote: