Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Any thoughts on Nexen N5000?

I'm in the market for a new set of tires. Anyone have any thoughts on Nexen N5000? I saw them online on Walmart. From the couple of reviews I've read online, they are a decent tire for the price. I'm just wondering if anyone personally has used them on their Yaris and what their thoughts are.

And, anyone know of a good place to get tires in and around Vancouver if you think I should be spending my money on something better?
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
I didn't have them on the Yaris but on my old Accord and for the money they were a damn good tire.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
go to bellingham and buy tires there. i can recommend discount tire location in bellingham, i think the name of the street was lakeview or lakeway...u can look it up yourself. only takes 50 min from van.

when i bought my kumho ecsta ASTs there, the trip saved me almost 2 bills.
tire prices up here (or pretty much anything related to automobile or electronics) are such a ripoff.

the best part of this thing is that the customs have no idea whether your tires are brand new or not. you just drive down there, slap on the new rubbers, toss out or give away the old ones, and come back home. just tell the customs when you are heading south that you are just going for sightseeing or whatever.

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
also, if u have a costco membership, buying tires from usa costco will bring you equal or greater savings PLUS canadian costco still honor the warrenty even though you bought your tires from the states.

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
i have the N3000's on my trd wheels and ther good for what they are.....
Old 06-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Going down to the States ain't really an option. Don't really have the time to go down and don't have my passport. I did consider ordering online from the US and still might if it ends up being cheaper. I'll check out the a couple of the big name tire stores and see, otherwise I might just go with the Nexens.
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote