Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Some Detailing Questions???

I normally don't have more than an hour or two to clean my car a week. I assume that is the same for a lot of people too. I also don't have a driveway, because I live in a complex, so it can be a pain to wash my car. I can probably pull off a full wash and detail once or twice a year. I was wondering if the smart one wash wax polish could be used weeky to clean my Yaris? Idk if it's a bad thing to over wax your car or if it is even possible? I really just need a something that is quick and will last. I've used quick detailer inbetween monthly waxing in the past but I may not have time to properly wax the car with my busy schedule.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Go get a California car duster, you will love it !! You can do your whole car in around 5 min.

On top of that, get a mild cleaning kind of liquid wax ( ie. turtle wax ultra gloss liquid wax) and put them on top of duster for extra shine,

Without water you can still make your car looks very shinny!!
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
^ +1 on the California car duster!! You really see how great it works during the pollen season. Just make sure it is dry dirt only. Anything wet will jus get smeared with the duster.
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
RevoluScion

Drives: tC
the last time i washed my car was 1 month ago.... all i use is SMARTONE once a week on fridays before the meets....u can never over wax when the wax has no petroleum .

Team & Individual Sponsors:
MOTUL - SMARTWAX - K&N - AEM - TOKICO - R1 CONCEPTS - TOYO TIRES - CROSSFIRE - G2 AUTOSPORTS - M2- NRG - MISHIMOTO - ROTORA - VERTICAL DOORS - CLAZZIO - K&R DIGITAL - EURO LIGHTS - 5ZIGEN
we are a family oriented all Toyota brand Car Club! toyota, lexus, yaris & Scion Bienbenidos!!!!
RevoluScion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Go get a California car duster, you will love it !! You can do your whole car in around 5 min.

On top of that, get a mild cleaning kind of liquid wax ( ie. turtle wax ultra gloss liquid wax) and put them on top of duster for extra shine,

Without water you can still make your car looks very shinny!!
wait, you put liquid wax on your duster then use it on the car!? the duster collects DUST, so why would you do that? i'm confused.....
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
JetfireK

Drives: 2008 3 Dr Liftback
Yaris Clean Up when on the Go.....

[QUOTE=RacerFreakXXX;472073]I normally don't have more than an hour or two to clean my car a week. I assume that is the same for a lot of people too. I also don't have a driveway, because I live in a complex, so it can be a pain to wash my car. I can probably pull off a full wash and detail once or twice a year. I was wondering if the smart one wash wax polish could be used weeky to clean my Yaris? Idk if it's a bad thing to over wax your car or if it is even possible? I really just need a something that is quick and will last. I've used quick detailer inbetween monthly waxing in the past but I may not have time to properly wax the car with my busy schedule.[/QUOT
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

I bought one of those hand held mops with 2 ft handle that I pass over my car. It takes all of the dust off and appears to have been washed. Not a solution but it is helpful. Along with a 50/50 measurement of water and white distilled vinegar removes water spots from windshield glass with "lots of circular elbow grease"

The inside of your Yaris should not get dirty if you are careful. Buy see thru thin mats from Walmart, cut them to fit your floor mats and just lift and shake for a neat floor. Try not to eat in your car but if you do pick up everytime you get out of your car at home.

My 3 DR liftback has 7 SEVEN built in cup holders. 4 in the front and 3 in the back. It can hold 5 people which amazes me. Just try wiping any mishaps up the same day that you may have them. In other words pick up as you go. ALWAYS HAVE ON HAND A MICRO RAG WET IN A PLASTIC ZIPLOCK BAG and a dry one on hand ....Nothing better for cleaning your auto without the use of anything else. Just one wet and one dry.

This message sent to you from a Grandma still raising kids since 1965 and Remember....You do have time to pick up daily or else you will do twice as much later, best wishes.
JetfireK is offline   Reply With Quote