Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
New to the forums

Hey guys, i'm new here so pardon me if this is in the wrong section, newbie's don't come with the navigation package so they're bound to get lost. :P

Anyway, I have an 09 Yaris 3 door hatchback. It's a 5 speed manual, and it's got about 7 thousand miles on it, i've had it for almost a year now. I was recently looking on the Toyota website and they have a lot of "TRD" accessories for the Yaris, I was just wondering if these would be something I might want to look into since I would like to get a bit more out of my Yaris but i'm not looking to really race it or put a turbo or anything in it, I just think it would be nice to have a few upgrades if that makes any sense. XD

Also, is there a way I can get the dealer to install a tachometer in the dash for me? I've seen a few that have them but mine sadly does not, that's also something I would like to have. Kinda like how it is in this picture? Or would I have to get an aftermarket one?

And one last thing. I want to get some nice wheels for my Yaris, and i'm thinking of using the alloy's that were on my dad's Toyota Previa he traded in for the Yaris in fact. They look exactly like this so I wonder if they would look good on the silver Yaris or not. I already have a black pinstripe going across it and I think it looks nice with that, but some nice wheels would really make it shine IMO.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Check out the store at micro image for some super awesome stuff, and TRDsparks has all the TRD stuff way cheaper than your dealer will.

Welcome to the forums!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
Hey newbie - actually I'm a relative newbie too...

I've got an 08 3DR hatch, and I think you're in a similar boat to me.

Basically, if your car does not have the power package, you do not get a tach, even if it's a manual.

You would need to add an aftermarket tach if you felt it necessary. I doubt the dealer would do it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

And don't recycle Previa rims even if you could. Look to the aftermarket. There are lots of resources on here to ask about it.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #4
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
Thanks for the responses guys. ^_^
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed to find out that I didn't get a tachometer, other then that I couldn't really complain, it's just something i'd like to have ya know? I mean i've got a 31 year old Datsun sitting in the drive way and it's even got a tach, but my brand new hatchback doesn't? Something isn't right there. XD

How come I can't recycle them? Were they known for being especially bad or something? I mean, i'll take your advice since you probably know more then me (hence why i'm here asking) but i'd like to know why. :P
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
I was just thinking that with aftermarket rims you can probably get something that would suit the car better.

I have NO idea if those would work on a Yaris, or what their weight is...

Obviously free stuff is better than paying, but I think there are some really nice rims out there you might want to look at. You can see lots of pics on this site of all kinds of mods that others have done, including rims.

Oh and I totally agree with you about the tach, I wish I had one too.