Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #19
dean_park

Drives: 2011 VW Golf TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGirl View Post
I'd consider using it if there was actually an "App for that"... There's no App in the iTunes app store for the iPhone. Guess I'll stick with my Road Trip app which does the same thing, just not linked with a website...
I use the Road Trip Lite app on my iPhone... works well enough.

40.41 MPG Avg over last 3,068 miles
Best tank 43.42 MPG
dean_park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #20
Landog
Landog

Drives: 2010 Red 4dr Auto
I like the fact that I can use the texting feature with fuelly.

I'm on a cross-country road trip now, and it's really handy when I can text my info as I'm sitting at the gas station.

Steve
Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #21
jhsouders
With the help of SGII

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Manual
You guys dont seem to be getting great mileage, the yaris should get a lot better than its rated. Look at my signature.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #22
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsouders View Post
You guys dont seem to be getting great mileage, the yaris should get a lot better than its rated. Look at my signature.
That's some infallible logic right there. Everybody should just listen to this guy and get 45 mpg... come on!
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:10 AM   #23
bkrownd

Drives: 2010 Yaris "5-door"
Quote:
When was the last year you actually encountered a stop light or stop sign?

Actually, I'm sure I could crack 48 MPG on our 50 MPH highways, but my 2-3 mile commutes around town really kill my overall MPG. Need to get back in the habit of riding my bike to work now that the new car is broken in...odometer hits 1000 any day now.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #24
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrownd View Post

Actually, I'm sure I could crack 48 MPG on our 50 MPH highways, but my 2-3 mile commutes around town really kill my overall MPG.
Yes! It's the short commutes when I get into city and deal with stop lights that kill my FE. Can't wait for another long trip!

Speed Limit of 50 MPH highways in HI? I'm sure when you take a long trip on the Island, you will break 48 MPG... even 50 MPG!

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #25
bkrownd

The highway speed limit varies between 35 and 55, but I'm happy in the 45-50 range and often the flow is 50 even when the limit is 55.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #26
jhsouders
With the help of SGII

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrownd View Post
When was the last year you actually encountered a stop light or stop sign?

Actually, I'm sure I could crack 48 MPG on our 50 MPH highways, but my 2-3 mile commutes around town really kill my overall MPG. Need to get back in the habit of riding my bike to work now that the new car is broken in...odometer hits 1000 any day now.
Actually, as ive posted on other threads, i deliver pizza for a living in the suburbs of Portland, OR. There are lots of stop lights/signs and lots of traffic. To get my mpg's in town, ive been having to perfect DFCO, coasting, and when to use which one. Looking far ahead on the streets as to determine to use gas or coast, time everything to the best of my ability. I have gotten up to 57mpg on one delivery. speed limits here vary from 25-45 in town. all deliveries less than 7 miles round trip. but back to back the engine does warm up.

I get about 50mpg on our 60mph highways here. maybe my yaris is just special haha.

Then again, bkrownd, im driving a yaris which is rated 29/36 not a corolla rated 26/33, im bound to get better mileage than you.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #27
bkrownd

I'm talking about my Yaris. (note the photo)
Old 07-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #28
KrazyDawg

Drives: 08 3dr LB AT
Quote:
I noticed the manual has about a 3 MPG higher average according to data from 2008 and 2007 models on fueleconomy.gov

I track my gas log data on 4 different sites: cleanmpg, gassavers, gasbuddy, and fueleconomy. Each site has something different that the other doesn't have. CleanMPG has temparature and other fields for perfecting hypermiling. GasBuddy has the drop down list for different brand gas stations and it shows me how much I spent on gas over the month and year. FuelEconomy lets you track your gas mileage by the odometer instead of by miles driven.

I might give Fuelly.com a try since it's easier to compare your data and lookup individual results of other drives. Unfortunately, there's no distinction between a manual or auto unless a user lists it.

KrazyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote