Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #73
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
While at MI yesterday I got to see a set and saw the instructions. The instructions looked very thorough. Seems some patience, time, and finger/arm dexterity would be needed. Definitely a DIY job.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #74
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Well after much frustration, sweat, and tears my covers arrived. They are finally installed and for clarification they fit the S Sedans just fine! Thanks go to JBougie (Jinni Lynn) for her assistance with a lot of the job. Total time for install was around 10 hours. This was due to being sidetracked several times as well as making a few mistakes along the way. I took before photos along with a couple photos of the tools used to include beer.

The front seats pretty much went without a hitch after we decided to pull the seats out of the car. I did make a mistake and used a 10mm 6 point socket to remove the seat bolts rather than a Torx socket however we did run to AutoZone and picked up a 4 piece Torx set to put them back in. You pretty much are going to strip the bolts if you use a regular socket so BEWARE! Other than that on the passenger side the removal of the Airbag Circuit Board was a PITA. We ended up unscrewing it from the housing and removing that way.

The rear seats were the real challenge. Jinni and I tried 50 different ways from Sunday to pull the bench, but ultimately after much sweat and cussing we called it quits. I stopped by a local upholstery shop and the guy popped the bench in under 10 seconds much to my chagrin. I would actually recommend doing the same if you have the opportunity to do so because it is easy to ruin the bench cushion. That stupid piece of foam will set you back 500 bucks if you have to replace it. Another item of note is that I did have to make a small incision at the slit point for the c bracket that secures the seat in the upright position for the passenger side of the rear seat. No matter how I manipulated the cover I could not get the hole to line up correctly from top to bottom. The slit was also not wide enough for the bracket. I make the incision with an exacto knife and then used 3m tape to tape the flap I created inside the cover. Really even with the seat down you can't notice, but I still had to do it. The whole for the pull knob on the driver's side rear seat section seemed to be too small so it took me almost 10 minutes to get it to seat correctly just by itself. Other than that the only thing that I could really comment on would be fitment on the main cover for the passenger side rear seat back around the pivot bar for the arm rest could have been better.

All in All I give the whole experience a 4 out of 5. The covers are magnificent however the actual install process is a bit stressful. If you have the money and the inclination I would have a shop install them to be liable if there is any tearing around the different mounting holes because if you have little patience then you will most likely tear them as others have noted. Thanks Garm for working so hard to ensure that I had the right product in the end!

Last item is that I also did the initial install of my heated seat kits. They are ready to be wired in once I get my climate control bezel back from being CF wrapped by Brian.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #75
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Here is my editorial contribution to the thread ... he had to test them out before they went back in the car, of course
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AirDriving.jpg (50.7 KB, 80 views)
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #76
donchae
noob-toob

Drives: 2007 yaris 4dr sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post

this is a little off topic..

hey fnkngrv, where did you get your mats? or are they DIY? they're looking really good :)

PLUS your new seat covers are amazing!

donchae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #77
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
!

Last edited by Flipper_1938; 12-17-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #78
bizzlebaby

Drives: 4 Dr 07 Sedan
i want some... def will have to wait til beginning of 2011 though
bizzlebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #79
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper_1938 View Post
This is the interior that my car has. Do they make leather seat covers for this style?

I don't believe that they are made for the deeper seats, but not 100%. When I bought mine I took a 400 dollar risk and it paid off luckily since we were all worried that they would not work for the S model Sedan. They do and nicely.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #80
HariKaYari76

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatchback
Where did you get the Clazzio covers?
HariKaYari76 is offline   Reply With Quote