Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
DailyDriver
 
DailyDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 3dr Lftback (meteorite) Manual
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 41
sounds like a great deal hypr!!
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
STC
"LibertyRides!"
 
STC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: State College, PA, USA
Posts: 576
2010 Yaris 3-Door Hatchback, 5 Speed Manual, Bayou Blue Pearl
Convenience Package
All-Weather Guard Package
Carpeted Floor Mats/Cargo Mat
P185/60R 15" steel wheels
Mileage: 4

MSRP (Sticker): $14,328.00 (excluding tax and fees)
INVOICE: $13,634.00 (excluding tax and fees)
SALE PRICE: $12,637.00 – Dealer final sale price I paid for the car (OTD: $13,500.00 – including 6% PA State Tax: $758.22, Doc. Fee: $100, Tire Tax: $4.78)

Happy with the price I got! First brand new vehicle right from the dealer lot... I really love this car
__________________
~ Mark ~
2010 Yaris 3-Dr Liftback, 5-Speed Manual, P185/60R 15, Bayou Blue Pearl
I Love my YARIS - (Click below to see Gaslog):

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Taris
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris 2 Door HB
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 10
I just picked up my used 2007 Yaris (5,600 miles). Never been driven more than 50 miles away from orginal owners home. Literally a little old lady owned it. It's only had the oil changed once. It's a 2 door hatchback, Polar White, Auto trans, air, power windows and door locks, totally stock. It still smells new inside. Paid $9K.
Taris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Hershey
 
Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
Not bad .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
PhillyG
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris
Join Date: May 2010
Location: georgia
Posts: 91
back in october of 09.. sticker was 14,500.. base model 3dr stick
cash for clunkers on 1992 chevy truck i paid $600 for when i wrecked my 07 three states away and had to get home = 4,500.. so...
in the end pd 10,500 for an 09 just because i missed my 07 so much.
i think it was a good deal especially no money down.
PhillyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Arizona_Commuter
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan-White
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 5
About two months ago, I bought my 2007 Yaris, Sedan, 50K miles, Stick shift, White, Pristine condition, from Tucson Craigslist for 8 Grand. Used only as a commuter, I get 40-42 MPG. One of the best purchases I've ever made!
Arizona_Commuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
DailyDriver
 
DailyDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 3dr Lftback (meteorite) Manual
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 41
nice Arizona! I feel the same about mine. Mine isn't pristine but feel like its a great value! :)
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
Reases
I've made a post!
 
Drives: Yaris 2010 AT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1
So I'm in the market for a new Yaris 2010 and I have a dealer offering my $14,620. This includes a power package with automatic transmission.

I wanted to get the car for $14,300-$14,500. Should I try to negotiate or just take the deal? Seems like the other dealers in the area only offer $15,000+ but one almost matched the $14,620 when I told them I had a better deal. Also what does I also read something about buying a car and getting it for less than $15,000 OTD. What do you do to get that deal or is it really rare?

Any feedback would be very helpful, I'm going to the dealer again this Sunday.
Reases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
txprsn
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
2009 Yaris Sedan 4dr

I got a '09 Yaris Sedan, Automatic Trans

-4 dr
-power doors, windows
-stock stereo with 3.5mm input jack for MP3 players, satellite radio display (? dont know how to use it) mp3 cd player
-supposed to have ABS (dont know how to check though, lol)
-adjustable power side mirrors
-2 keyless remotes
-15" tires in good condition
-FREE oil changes for life!!
-certified pre-owned
-32,000 miles though

12,340 (12,999 was their list price)

is that ok?
txprsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:50 AM   #10
CarBob08
 
Drives: '08 3-Door
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 35
I picked up my 2008 3-dr manual tranny for $10,899 brand new. It had the NW cold weather package (bigger washer fluid reservoir, supposedly bigger starter) and a rear bumper cover thingy. Otherwise the car was pretty stripped down, no power windows/locks or cruise control. But it was a great price and I was able to add the things I wanted much cheaper than having them on the car from the factory.
CarBob08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
Hershey
 
Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
quite good .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #12
lxy128
 
Drives: 2010 3D Yaris
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9
Still can't get over it, so I reposted my info here

2010 3D Auto, Blazing blue
Power Package
Weather guard
Arm rest

14500 OTD

It's only 4 days new...but I have driven >700 miles
lxy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #13
STC
"LibertyRides!"
 
STC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: State College, PA, USA
Posts: 576
... excellent!
__________________
~ Mark ~
2010 Yaris 3-Dr Liftback, 5-Speed Manual, P185/60R 15, Bayou Blue Pearl
I Love my YARIS - (Click below to see Gaslog):

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #14
brg88tx
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan, Auto
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 327
i just bought a 07 yaris sedan, plain jane with roll up windows. automatic with 58k miles for $6800.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
DailyDriver
 
DailyDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 3dr Lftback (meteorite) Manual
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 41
well done brg!
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #16
Hershey
 
Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
that seems quite reasonable .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter
 
RedHatch08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit MI USA
Posts: 237
Got mine USED in Oct. last year.

It's an 08 3DR hatch, 5 speed, no power options but it does have air. One owner, totally clean in-state history, and only ~32k miles.

With taxes, license, dealer fee, blah blah blah, and everything it was like $8950.

I consider that a smokin deal.
__________________
K&N Air Filter . Rear Debadge

Last edited by RedHatch08; 06-14-2010 at 03:41 PM.
RedHatch08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #18
Steveh27
 
Drives: 2010 3dr hatchback auto red
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 82
Smile Hi from a newbie!

I have only a short driveway space, under 153" left after my boat in the garage & class B motorhome backed up to the garage. For 10 years I've been driving a rare 2 door hardtop Geo Tracker 1995 4wd. That car has been great & I've taken great care of it, but it's getting underbody rust & with 142,000 miles (I got it with 80k & only put 62k on in 10 years) I'm worried about more repair costs in the next few years.

I had looked at used Mini's but they are costly to buy & maintain & very low to the ground, painful for me with a bad back to get into. The Yaris 2 dr is the next shortest length vehicle. I searched online for used ones & found some. One I brought home for an overnight test was a 2009 auto with 34k miles with pw,pl, cruise, & most other options. They wanted $11,400 & the lowest I could bargain was $10,900 even though they had it for over 3 months.

Then I found one in South Bend, IN. I took the bus there yesterday & drove it home. It is a 2010 auto with only 4,600 miles, absolute red, with pw, pl, cruise, and most all the options available except no fog lights. It is immaculate & covered under the warranty. I've never had a car with a warranty before! The original owner had it for 5 months & traded it in as he wanted a bigger car. I paid $11,990 + only a $98 dealer fee. They said this was about a $17,000 car new & they had tried to sell it used for $15k. After 40 days they move their used vehicles to a wholesale auction house in Milwaukee. That's why they gave such a low price on it. They also picked me up at the bus station, & to sign the papers we drove 13 miles into Michigan for the lower sales tax which I'll pay when I go into to register & license it here. Sweet!!! I drove it home & got 39.5 mpg on a 120 mile stretch of the freeway at 74 mph with the AC on.

It does barely fit in my drive with an inch or two between vehicles. I need to figure out a way to pad the front bumper of my motorhome to prevent damage to the Yaris if I pull up too far.
Steveh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
I test drove a Yaris, Versa and FIT CanadaCraig New YARIS Purchase Forum 41 11-29-2008 09:18 PM
Toyota Yaris to Sponsor FOX's "Prison Break" YarisBueller General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 04-30-2006 08:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.