Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
Dperry

Drives: 2007 black yaris hb
garms catless mid-pipe

so right now im running just a dc axleback exhaust. i would like the catless midpipe. i see it has three resignators i cant imagine it making a whole lot more noise then stock with 2 resignators and a cat. ne one care to enlighten me?
Dperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
ljming99

Drives: Yaris '06
Just my 2cents worth of advice =P

The application has to be right, such as the volume of exhaust gas that the engine is outputting( modified engine? )

So not just where having more resonators but other factors affect the sound volume.

A Right size pipe also makes a significant difference as well.

Having a fuller and better flowing exhaust matching to the engine output would also reduce the noise level.
ljming99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Stock: two cats and one resonator
Midpipe: two resonators only

Just clarifying what is actually under there.

Midpipe opens up the exhaust stream, so there will be a little more volume with it. Most everybody who's tried it liked it a lot. If you get one, make sure you get the anti-fouler with it so you don't get CELs.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote