Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
fu_im_from_texas
 
fu_im_from_texas's Avatar
 
Drives: Liftback
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 137
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
Thumbs up ...please post a dyno sheet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
... it has nothing to do with performance.
...please post a dyno sheet...
fu_im_from_texas is offline  
Old 03-24-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by fu_im_from_texas View Post
...please post a dyno sheet...
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

When I have a finalized intake I'll have a dyno sheet with me.

Quote:
Ewwwww, YUCK! No thanks, I'll pass!
There are so many things we need, the possibilities are endless. What about a solid engine mount or torque damper. I'd kill to be able to shift at 4 grand without getting seasick. Better yet, for the stereo crowd... why the HELL haven't one of you guys built a CarPC yet? If given the choice between 500 pounds of JBL in my trunk or a pound or two of 3500 songs at my fingertips, play DVD's on my touchscreen LCD... shove your subwoofers up your ass. It makes me sick to think of how many different ways you could shove a PC in this car.

Unless you buy your box from spkrman. Then you're a connoseuir, and I say bump away.

I talk a lot.
ChinoCharles is offline  
Old 03-24-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
spkrman
Banned
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 2
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Unless you buy your box from spkrman. Then you're a connoseuir, and I say bump away.
x10 :)

Can't wait to see this complete!
spkrman is offline  
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
We're already working on offering number two, and I'll give you a hint... it has nothing to do with performance.
Ewwwww, YUCK! No thanks, I'll pass!
Chris07LB is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
AlphaFox
 
AlphaFox's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield, Mass
Posts: 475
I just read this whole thread and I get to the end here and I find out its still not done yet!! I was about to click 'order' haha
AlphaFox is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Yeah, CNC guy is playing hard to get. I will have a full update tomorrow though, be sure of that. Kevin said he was going to light some ass fires for me.
ChinoCharles is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
pc1x1
 
Drives: Yaris 2007 Liftback (Jan 07)
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 55
I could easily build a pc on the yaris, with everything, including wireless, and bluetooth, but its expensive :(, not much, but money I don't have at the moment, so if you want to donate, I'll be glad to build one, and do a DIY :). lol
pc1x1 is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Hahaha, I could build one too... I am just focused elsewhere right now.

I think a damn good car PC could be had for about $1000-$1500 including the touchscreen LCD depending on how far you wanted to take it.

We will see what I end up doing with the Yar. It may come to that... I wouldn't mind if she did a little bit of everything pretty well rather than one thing great.
ChinoCharles is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #9
taKuto
rice rocket
 
taKuto's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Echo
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 163
you can easily use an old computer you have lying around as your carPC. Overall I spent about 200cdn only for my carPC since I did not buy any new computer parts, and only needed to purchase a DC-DC power supply and touchscreen. It'll be going in my echo hatchback, close enough to a yaris :)
taKuto is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #10
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Let us see some pictures when it is done.
ChinoCharles is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #11
taKuto
rice rocket
 
taKuto's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Echo
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 163
that'll be a while, most likely in may i'll have everything put together with the touchscreen mounted into the head unit location. I've been mostly working on wiring at the moment for the audio system since I need to run the speakers with an amp, the carPC portion is easy when I finally succeed in getting the power wire to run to the trunk.

I do recall someone did a carPC in a yaris, but they used some stand to hold the touchscreen instead of flushmounting it where the old deck is located.
taKuto is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #12
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
I think it was just a cleverly mounted laptop. For my money that isn't a carPC.

I just want my huge MP3 collection in my car. To never have to burn a CD again would be tremendous. Sure, I could get an iPod, but I'm not a 14 year old girl. LOL
ChinoCharles is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #13
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
but I'm not a 14 year old girl. LOL
Yea, you just pretend to be an "18yr old THTH SWF."

Saw it on the net somewhere..
Chris07LB is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #14
taKuto
rice rocket
 
taKuto's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Echo
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 163
yeah I wanted something I could easily put MP3's into, so I initially planned to run everything off a USB stick, but since my motherboard didnt support it, I opted to run a HD to boot up (got it to boot in 30sec from cold boot to music playing, I can do better though), and then load up a playlist with MP3's stored on a USB drive every startup.
taKuto is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #15
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
I have no idea what that means.
ChinoCharles is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #16
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Chris07LB is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #17
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
THTH SWF??? Help?

... OH wait, I think I'm catching on... SWF is single white female, right? LOL

What is the THTH?
ChinoCharles is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #18
taKuto
rice rocket
 
taKuto's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Echo
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 163
google + urbandictionary.com, 'too hot/horny to handle' ?
taKuto is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WR Secret Weapon Intake Dyno Tested.. WRLEO Performance Modifications 70 05-17-2007 03:00 PM
WR INTAKE SYSTEM : YOU GET $100 FOR DYNO RESULTS ! WRLEO Sponsors Classifieds Area 0 02-22-2007 10:14 AM
Reviews of Weapon*R Intake system.. WRLEO Performance Modifications 6 02-20-2007 10:12 PM
intake question and suggestions Adriaan Performance Modifications 2 01-31-2007 04:54 PM
Cold Air Intake vs. Short Ram Intake nevermorez Performance Modifications 1 01-24-2007 04:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.