Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-17-2011, 02:01 AM   #1
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Samscum files to block iPhone 4S sales

http://delimiter.com.au/2011/10/17/s...hone-4s-sales/

I really hate Samscum. I had a faulty monitor with them once. Took 3 months of phone calls, being on hold, time after time to get a "replacement" monitor. The replacement monitor was more faulty than the one i'd returned and it had scratches on the casing. It then took me further 3 months to get a refund out of them.

My bosses house was flooded by a brand new, correctly installed Samsung washing machine. His house insurance wouldn't pay up, they told him to claim the $7,000 damage with Samsung. Same story..... 6 months of stuffing around to get a refund and damage claim.

I say boycott Samsung. I know I'm going to get shot to pieces by android lovers, but there are other options that run android.

/rant

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
It's just payback for Apple getting the Galaxy Tab banned in some places.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I honestly believe that Steve Jobs' empire had all kinds of skeletons in the closet that 99.99% of the peeps didn't know about when it came to production of his products. It is entirely possible that he was unaware due to his lofty position however unlikely.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
NZ-FE Vios
Only Timing Chains

Drives: 09YarisSedan, 94Truck22re
All you have to do is go to the foxconn manufacturing facilities for the iPhone. They required all workers sign an agreement that they would not commit suicide. They subsequently installed nets around the entire building to catch workers that jumped.
NZ-FE Vios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
Hardicus

Drives: 2007 YRX Hatch
I have a Samsung TV and the remote broke (probably my fault). Called them, and they sent a new one no questions asked, arrived in a few days. I was not registered with them or anything.
Hardicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
good that way the Isheep will get a wake up call....;o)
Baa Baa Baat I like being an iSheep

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #7
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Just curious- who makes those wonderful displays for Apple products?

BluYrs,
Samsung user

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I like where it says
" the odds Are very long against Samsung overcoming all of apples defenses "
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
^ Currently, Samsung also manufacturers the Apple designed A4 and A5 processors. They will likely build future iOS processors as well.

Odds are, there is a ton of stuff you own that has Samsung components, but does not have their branding/logo.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Like 'em or not, Samsung is the world's largest electronics company. And they make some of the best products. Best TV's, some of the best phones, ect. They are the only ones that pretty much compete in every electronics segment - except one, gaming consoles. I don't know what happened to Sony, but they're puny in comparison.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Fword steve jobs and his mediocre bullshit product. hooray, you just delivered your new iphone??? it's a YEAR behind tech? oh well, your ignorant sheep will still buy it, especially since you died (because god smites people like you, hitler, etc) but come on! the i fail 4s? jebus, you sheep... you jump on every update for a whole paycheck (average)... as a car person i think turbo and engine management ... to talk on a phone that shuts off if you don't hold it right? Fword Sword Jwordobs...
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #12
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
ummm they are good Kal, but they do not make best TVs, they are great TVs but not the best that title belongs to Sharp.
Sharp the best? They're barely top 5. Check review sites.

Samsung, Panasonic, Sony and LG are top 4, Sharp may be about #5. Some things are subjective, but this is the general consensus when it comes to picture/sound quality, design, and build quality.

Although sales don't necessarily mean best, Samsung is the #1 seller of TV's in the world. That's a good indicator as well.

Last edited by Kal-El; 10-19-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #13
*MAD DOG*

Ok Ok. I may be an iSheep. But is there a clearcut webpage I can visit that can educate me as to the different specs between the iPhone 4S and the Samsung Galaxy II S? Also I have beef with Samsung, see my op.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Ok Ok. I may be an iSheep. But is there a clearcut webpage I can visit that can educate me as to the different specs between the iPhone 4S and the Samsung Galaxy II S? Also I have beef with Samsung, see my op.
GSMARENA.com

Take your pick, there is more than one galaxy s II; i.e different carriers, regions etc....
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #15
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Sharp the best? They're barely top 5. Check review sites.

Samsung, Panasonic, Sony and LG are top 4, Sharp may be about #5. Some things are subjective, but this is the general consensus when it comes to picture/sound quality, design, and build quality.

Although sales don't necessarily mean best, Samsung is the #1 seller of TV's in the world. That's a good indicator as well.
Are you talking about domestic or internationally?

The Nintendo 3DS technology of where you don't have to wear glasses to see 3D was borrowed from Sharp. There was a news article, in Yahoo Japanese if i recall....it mentioned Sharp being the first to offer 3D visuals w/o glasses on their mobile electronic products.
Have you seen the AQUOS quality on Sharp's overseas cell phones? TV looks GREAT! No comparison to Samsung's AMOLED stuff....

I've had few Sharp products, and although i prefer Panasonic over all of them, Sharp makes durable products than Samsung. The Samsung Omnia? = garbage same with the sequel.
Samsung makes cheap products. The only quality builds I saw from them were back when there was Helios. Samsung made sure quality control was put first for that company (mainly because HELIO was directly a South Korean Co. w. the first establishment of Mobile Youtube and others before apps came)

My GSM Sharp cell phone survived many falls and lasted well over 2 years.

Sharp may not grab American consumers interests, but it sure does everywhere else.

Just throwing my input out there
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote