Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
MedMantle

Drives: Yaris '05 1.3 Hatch "R.I.P."
Combining Breather hoses

Hey guys, I am trying to neaten up my engine bay and noticed that one breather hose goes onto the intake pipe and the other one goes onto the intake manifold. What is the reason behind their different placement? Can I combine the two and take them both down to the intake manifold?

It will also allow me to change my stock intake pipe 'cause my current setup with my 1ZZ TB and my 'floating' stock intake box has resulted in some cramped space issues so if I can replace the hose with something simpler and shorter I'd be visually happy :D

I'd just like to know if there is a downside to this. As far as I can see it would kinda be the same thing :P Thanks..
MedMantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
The one behind the throttle body pulls gasses out of the crank case at idle. The one in front recirculates the blowby from the PCV valve. In theory you don't need either--they're for environmental/emissions compliance.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote