Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiser View Post
I really want help here:

I replaced my factory front speakers with a pair of jvc cs-j620x in my 2009 HB yaris. The music is a lot clearer now, but the bass is terrible. So what should I do now?

Buy an amp?
Change the HU?
Soundeadning the doors?

I am all stock right now. I don't want bass that will keep my neighbors awake. I just want some decent music depth. Please suggest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're having bass problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but the bass ain't one.

Get a small powered sub and stick it under your seat, wire it to the speaker line level and use the crossover adjustments on the sub itself to tune it up.
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:44 AM   #2
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Aftermarket Stereo / Speaker Specifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
If you're having bass problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but the bass ain't one.

Get a small powered sub and stick it under your seat, wire it to the speaker line level and use the crossover adjustments on the sub itself to tune it up.

But this isn't too much to ask from a stock HU?
Because then it will have to handle 2 door speakers that they are already out of his league. They want more rms than the stock HU can provide. Plus the stock tweeters in the a-pillars, plus the powered amp-sub.

And after reading some posts here and there I came to the conclusion that Toyota didn't gave a sh.t in sound quality for this car. And so, the stock HU is really bad to handle so much tasks without even an amplifier

I have already searched for something like this tho:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0082...rch&th=1&psc=1

is this some thing u have done? U plugged an powered amp sub to the speaker line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #3
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
Gonna have to change your screen name to DavZ.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote